StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Napoleonic Era

Notices and Announcements

Napoleonic Era Discuss the many wars fought around the globe around the time of Napoleon. This forum is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider.

Old 28 Apr 12, 12:23
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VieuxChat View Post
Question for you all:

wich software do you use to manage your private library ?

I' m trying this one for the moment:

http://www.soft-creation.fr/Bibliotheque-Livres.html

Any advice would be welcome.
I use this. You can register the first 250 books for free. After that it costs a little money. I paid $25 for a lifetime membership. THere are discussion groups for literally every topic out there. It also has a good book recommendation selector. Every book has it's own page which links to Amazon,abebooks and Barnes & Nobles. It will tell you the closet library that will have a particular book. I highly recommend it!

http://librarything.com
Old 28 Apr 12, 12:43
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100]
Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100]
I use my bookshelves, storage cabinets, and my often forgetful mind. Sometimes that leaves me wondering where I last left a book I now wanted to look at, but then I also run across old friends that I should take another look through their pages...

Sincerely,
M
To strive to seek to find and not to yield.
Old 28 Apr 12, 17:18
Brigadier General
France
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500]
VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
I use this. You can register the first 250 books for free. After that it costs a little money. I paid $25 for a lifetime membership. THere are discussion groups for literally every topic out there. It also has a good book recommendation selector. Every book has it's own page which links to Amazon,abebooks and Barnes & Nobles. It will tell you the closet library that will have a particular book. I highly recommend it!
Many thanks Legate, I will have a close look at it, it seem quite similar to the one I' m testing.

Quote:
I use my bookshelves, storage cabinets, and my often forgetful mind. Sometimes that leaves me wondering where I last left a book I now wanted to look at, but then I also run across old friends that I should take another look through their pages...
Well said. Books got soul.

" Debout les morts, on change de cimetière !"
- Adjudant PERICARD, 1915 -
Old 28 Apr 12, 19:11
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100]
Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100] Massena is a pillar of the community [1100]
Yes, they do-very well said.

Sincerely,
M
Old 13 May 12, 16:14
Brigadier General
France
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500]
Any good book about the 1793-1794
battles (or campaigns) between France and Great-Britain ?

(Hondschoote 1793, Tourcoing 1794 ..etc)

Sponsored Links

Old 13 May 12, 16:48
Private
UK

Major Kokup is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi,
If you do nothing else in your life you have already achieved the highest of recognition for your posting of the Gallica links to E. Fort etc.

I have spent a considerable amount of time downloading all i could find on this site and have already started to clean up the images and re-assemble the books.

Fantastic site, thanks eternally for the heads up.
Old 13 May 12, 16:58
General of the Forums
England

Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kokup View Post
Hi,
If you do nothing else in your life you have already achieved the highest of recognition for your posting of the Gallica links to E. Fort etc.

I have spent a considerable amount of time downloading all i could find on this site and have already started to clean up the images and re-assemble the books.

Fantastic site, thanks eternally for the heads up.
Thanks for the rep Major. Enjoy the site!

Paul
Can win mans heart for you;
And many a blessing know to stew
To make a megloamaniac bright;
Give honour to the dainty Corse,
The Pixie is a little shite.
Old 22 May 12, 20:36
General of the Forums
England

Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Just to let you all know,

I have read this book through twice since it arrived via my postman on the 12th May. I had to read it through again in order to make notes. After I have had the time to check up on one or two things, I will post my critique on the book.

I brought it pre-ordered, at Pen and Sword for £20.00 including Postage. Amazon has it on sale for 31.00 Euros new.

Paul

Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 22 May 12 at 20:51..
Old 23 May 12, 06:56
Brigadier General
France

Waiting for your review

Old 23 May 12, 13:58
General of the Forums
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by VieuxChat View Post
Waiting for your review
I don't know how long it will take, hopefully no longer than a week as I have to make the time in a busy period.

Has anyone else read the book perchance ?

Paul
Old 24 May 12, 05:36
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

It isn't offered on Amazon over here yet-not until September. I hope it isn't another of those unsupported diatribes like the one that came out a couple of years ago by a retired French general and Ben Weider.

I'm looking forward to your review very much.

Sincerely,
M
Old 24 May 12, 14:28
General of the Forums
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massena View Post
It isn't offered on Amazon over here yet-not until September. I hope it isn't another of those unsupported diatribes like the one that came out a couple of years ago by a retired French general and Ben Weider.

I'm looking forward to your review very much.

Sincerely,
M
All I'll say at the moment is that It's worth getting.

Paul
Old 24 May 12, 14:49
General of the Forums
Luxembourg
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

General Brock has disabled reputation
That's all U needed to say to convince me Paul...
Old 24 May 12, 22:58
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Me too.

Sincerely,
K
Old 25 May 12, 01:26
First Lieutenant
New_Zealand
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99]
Bugger, Me too now.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!