HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Europe

Notices and Announcements

Europe Issues of modern Europe. .

Old 26 Apr 12, 08:52
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
40,000 Norwegians gather to sing song that mass killer Breivik hates

Quote:
OSLO April 26, 2012

Tens of thousands of rose-waving Norwegians gathered in central Oslo Thursday to deride mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik by singing a song he hates and views as Marxist indoctrination.

Some 40,000 people, according to police, massed in the rain at a square near the Oslo district courthouse where Breivik is on trial for his July 22 attacks that killed 77 people, to sing "Children of the Rainbow" by Norwegian folk singer Lillebjoern Nilsen.

Breivik last Friday told the court that Nilsen was "a very good example of a Marxist" who had infiltrated the cultural scene and that his song was typical of the "brainwashing of Norwegian pupils."

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 27 Apr 12, 08:54
General of the Forums
Russia
5 Year Service Ribbon 

stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200] stalin is walking in the light [200]
breivik is absolutely right to hate songs called like "children of the rainbow" etc.
Old 27 Apr 12, 12:33
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
^ So, should it follow that he was right to shoot a whole bunch of them, too?
Old 27 Apr 12, 13:25
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300]
Sounds pretty gay to me (come on. You all thought it!). If it were Marxist, wouldn't it be Children of the Red?
Old 27 Apr 12, 13:26
General of the Forums
United_States
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400]
lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalin View Post
breivik is absolutely right to hate songs called like "children of the rainbow" etc.
What exactly do you find objectionable in the song?
Old 27 Apr 12, 13:27
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300]
I was hoping it would be Barney, or some Black Eyed Pees song!
Old 27 Apr 12, 13:34
General of the Forums
United_States
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400]
lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400]
You tube video of the gathering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkbI-50bKXA

May the victims Rest in Peace. May the survivors find peace.
Old 27 Apr 12, 14:34
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Here are the translated lyrics from the song Breivik hates. I don't see the Marxism in it myself - it seems pretty innocuous and more of an environmentalist song.

Children of the Rainbow

A sky full of stars.
Blue sea as far as you can see.
A land where flowers grow.
Could you want more?
Together we will live
every sister and every brother.
Small children of the rainbow
and a flourishing world.
Some believe there is no point.
Others waste their time with talk.
Some believe that we can live on
plastic and synthetic foods.
And some steal from the young,
who are sent out to fight.
Some steal from the many
who will come after us.
Refrain:
Say it to all the children!
And tell every father and mother.
We still have a chance
to share our hope for this world.
Refrain:
Say it to all the children!
And tell every father and mother.
We still have a chance
to share our hope for this world.

From: http://humanrightswarrior.com/2012/0...harles-taylor/
Old 27 Apr 12, 15:04
Lieutenant General
United_States

Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300] Cult Icon is on a distinguished road [300]
One of the killer's grievances is this supposed ' Cultural Marxism' that he believes has infected Europe and the 'White Man'. This vague term, I believe, is only a loaded word aiming at invoking impressions of freedom-constraining dictatorships of Mao, Stalin, Kim, and others. (In fact, you can see the word often used in PC) Its true use is as a blanket, derogatory term for his disapproval in how modern sociology, social psychology, and other expert-researched social sciences drives the culture, economics, and policies (including Green) of the Nordic countries.
Old 27 Apr 12, 16:31
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
What amuses me the most about these white-supremacist ass-hats -- especially the European flavors -- is that they have at their disposal the easiest of means with which to reverse their societies' pro-immigrant policies: they can make babies. You see, most of these European countries are run like pyramid schemes, what with their bloated social welfare in the face of declining fertility, so they need new generations of workers coming online in order to keep up the take. These Europeans, however, don't like making babies. They must be sterile, or perhaps they can't get it up or something. Anyways, in order to feed the social welfare machine, they have no choice but to attract immigrants. If, however, these limp-d*cks were cranking out some kids, then they wouldn't need those immigrants to work their factories and pay their taxes.

So how come it comes out that everyone of these blowhards has never had a girlfriend? If they love white people so much, then why ain't they making 'em?

Old 27 Apr 12, 17:21
Major General
Canada

Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
What amuses me the most about these white-supremacist ass-hats -- especially the European flavors -- is that they have at their disposal the easiest of means with which to reverse their societies' pro-immigrant policies: they can make babies. You see, most of these European countries are run like pyramid schemes, what with their bloated social welfare in the face of declining fertility, so they need new generations of workers coming online in order to keep up the take. These Europeans, however, don't like making babies. They must be sterile, or perhaps they can't get it up or something. Anyways, in order to feed the social welfare machine, they have no choice but to attract immigrants. If, however, these limp-d*cks were cranking out some kids, then they wouldn't need those immigrants to work their factories and pay their taxes.

So how come it comes out that everyone of these blowhards has never had a girlfriend? If they love white people so much, then why ain't they making 'em?
The same could be said for Northern America. Both Canada and America allows around 1,250,000 immigrants to enter annual to make up for our low fertility rates.

This is a problem that around 30-40% of all countries face. As people get richer, they decide to have less babies.

Immigration is just an easier fix then somehow making your citizens have more babies.
Old 27 Apr 12, 17:26
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
The same could be said for Northern America. Both Canada and America allows around 1,250,000 immigrants to enter annual to make up for our low fertility rates.

This is a problem that around 30-40% of all countries face. As people get richer, they decide to have less babies.

Immigration is just an easier fix then somehow making your citizens have more babies.
But I don't fear immigrants to the point that I want to blow up a whole bunch of people. Immigrants are okay for the most part. Hell, some of my closest ancestors were immigrants. But if I wanted more white people here -- and fewer brown -- I wouldn't run around shootin' 'em; I'd boink the nearest white chick I could lay my hands on, and knock her ass up PDQ. And I'd tell all my friends to do the same.

Aw, forget it. It's far easier killing people than it is being a semi-responsible father. No "fertility now" movement will ever fly: it's too much work.

God, what a stupid world we live in.
Old 27 Apr 12, 18:05
Major General
Canada

Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200] Jonathanrex1 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
God, what a stupid world we live in.
Hasn't it always been that way?
Old 27 Apr 12, 18:12
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

^ As I age it seems to get stupider still.

Maybe that's just 'cause I'm getting old, though.
Old 28 Apr 12, 11:29
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
^ As I age it seems to get stupider still.

Maybe that's just 'cause I'm getting old, though.
I have concluded as I age that the world has always been stupid, Slick. I don't really know if I should take comfort from that fact or not, though.
during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!