HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion

Notices and Announcements

General Gaming Discussion Discussion of gaming subjects that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 09 Apr 12, 18:12
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybriar View Post
Asheron's Call III?
Assassin's Creed

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 16 Apr 12, 10:24
General of the Forums
Pirate

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington95 View Post
Assassin's Creed
Should be interesting-haven't played the very latest AC games but I hear that they aren't as good as like the 2nd. AC3 will hopefully be better
Old 20 Apr 12, 16:12
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99]
With the release of Crusader Kings 2 and Blacklight Retribution (both did not disappoint!), my list is getting short :

1) Sins: Rebellion
2) Planetside 2
3) Starfarer
4) Otherland
5) Miner Wars 2081
6) X Rebirth
7) 0x10c

Sins: Rebellion is the only game with a known release date (May), the others are all 'sometime in 2012' or TBA. So this makes Sins the only definite title in 2012! Looks like another gaming slow-down might be heading my way.
Old 25 Apr 12, 18:13
General of the Forums
Pirate

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
I did a review of 2012 war games coming out on a different site:

http://combatarmsforum.com/f13/2012-...overview-1522/

I highlight Assassin's Creed 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Medal of Honor Warfighter, and more.
Old 26 Apr 12, 15:54
Captain
United_States

Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
I did a review of 2012 war games coming out on a different site:

http://combatarmsforum.com/f13/2012-...overview-1522/

I highlight Assassin's Creed 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Medal of Honor Warfighter, and more.
Even though I have said that I am swearing off all Ubisoft games, Ubi might make me eat those words with Future Soldier. I recently participated in the closed beta for Ghost Recon Online and found the game to be fantastic (my quick preview here). If the PC version of Future Soldier is well done, I might find that game's SP campaign and MP battles to be an irresistible combo and nice addition to GRO.
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Apr 12, 16:00
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks Bailey View Post
Even though I have said that I am swearing off all Ubisoft games, Ubi might make me eat those words with Future Soldier. I recently participated in the closed beta for Ghost Recon Online and found the game to be fantastic (my quick preview here). If the PC version of Future Soldier is well done, I might find that game's SP campaign and MP battles to be an irresistible combo and nice addition to GRO.
Yeah I might have to get a new computer anyways-if I do, then it will be all the more better because I'll certainly get Ghost Recon Online and Warface. Some of my buddies on combatarmsforum are considering jumping ship from Combat Arms and going over to Warface. I already stopped playing Combat Arms, and they're annoyed with the ongoing problems that Nexon fails to fix. Also, World of Tanks would run a ton better. Heck, if it's Windows 7 I get, I could probably pop back in CoD 2! That game had an amazing campaign. Hell, maybe even CoD 1 for the multiplayer-I used to play it a lot-this one room I played in was quite fun.

Warface:

Old 26 Apr 12, 16:04
Captain
United_States

Warface got me excited when it was announced. It is definitely another F2P that holds a lot of promise (I am really enjoying this F2P craze ).

Have you tried Blacklight: Retribution? It is a *great* F2P shooter. In my opinion, as good as, if not better, than CoD: BlOps.

Last edited by Rooks Bailey; 26 Apr 12 at 16:10..
Old 27 Apr 12, 09:42
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks Bailey View Post
Warface got me excited when it was announced. It is definitely another F2P that holds a lot of promise (I am really enjoying this F2P craze ).

Have you tried Blacklight: Retribution? It is a *great* F2P shooter. In my opinion, as good as, if not better, than CoD: BlOps.
I wouldn't suggest Combat Arms if you haven't already played it. Nexon's FUBAR.

Ghost Recon Online, Warface, and WoT seem to be the best "Free" to play games for this moment and near future.
Old 27 Apr 12, 15:12
Captain
United_States

...And Blacklight Retribution. Even though it is in the early stages of its development cycle, I would already score it at a solid 8.0. Its F2P, so if you haven't given it a try, I suggest everyone do so. What have you got to lose?

Old 27 Apr 12, 15:34
General of the Forums
Pirate

That looks cool mate.
Old 29 Apr 12, 07:07
First Sergeant
United_States

Kahless is on the path to success [1-99] Kahless is on the path to success [1-99] Kahless is on the path to success [1-99]
I have another one to add to the list: Endless Space (website). Seems like space 4x games are coming out in droves these next two years. Woot!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!