HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 11 Nov 11, 19:34
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'm playtesting it right now. So far I'm not impressed. It's chunky on my machine and I'm not shelling out the cash for a new computer just to play a game. But it feels like the same old camp the mob or run here to click on the quest item MMO. Nothing really new so far. I would rather be playing Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or Red Orchestra. In fact I'm turning it of and going back No Retreat on VASSAL for the evening's entertainment.
Old 11 Nov 11, 21:34
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
My wife seems to be enjoying more than me.
Old 12 Nov 11, 19:13
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

My wife is really enjoying the story and dialogue. Guess I'm not an MMO person. Rather spend eight hours a day reading.
Old 19 Nov 11, 00:02
Sergeant Major
United_States

Ben Jensen is on the path to success [1-99] Ben Jensen is on the path to success [1-99] Ben Jensen is on the path to success [1-99] Ben Jensen is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
My wife is really enjoying the story and dialogue. Guess I'm not an MMO person. Rather spend eight hours a day reading.
Every mmo I have played I never paid attention to the story because almost all of it was written in text, and like 80% of the quests were just filler.

I bet the spoken dialogue makes a world of difference to the average player.
Old 17 Dec 11, 02:49
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

I was the same way. Click and click.

I'm level seven now. If anyone is looking for a guild let me know. We're family oriented though. Including a very nice religious family and my wife and mother-in-law. My way of saying, if you want a guild you would be welcome but check the language and attitude at the door.
Sponsored Links

Old 24 Dec 11, 00:59
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
Have been playing since 15th and love it. Also played in a beta.

It runs so well, the dialogue and stories are so good, the action is so satisfying. Its just a great game.

Several bugs have been found, but since the game is only a week or so old, that is to be expected.

It has had the best launch of any MMO in history. And the most subscribers from the start.

Highly recommended for any fans of the MMO genre, and any Star Wars fans.

Better to fight and fall than to live without hope.
Old 24 Dec 11, 18:27
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon 

150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300] 150935 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonierat View Post
Hope this one will deliver the goods, here's an impressive cinematic from E3:

I was interested till i saw pay to play each month I hate that specialy if you pay for the game should not pay any more after that un less if you wanted some dlc but thats just me but looks like an awesome game shame it is pay to play because I would of bought it
Old 03 Jan 12, 10:03
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
I would love to get into this but my present circumstances don't mesh well with getting lost in one game for months on end.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.
Old 11 Jan 12, 15:32
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Can't really get into it. Too much kiddie like (think second batch of Star Wars movies as opposed to first), very slow loading and watching all the cutscenes, very limited character customization (everybody looks the same). The trooper with it's imprecise laser rifle is over the top for me, I mean I can shoot more precise with a rubber band and a pea. Do more damage, too.

Don't have a good place to put bag stuff, there is no cosmetic outfit system (have one set for display, one set for combat values).
Old 12 Jan 12, 01:28
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
The Warhammer Online forums are ablaze with how bad SWOR is, especially the PvP aspect. For whatever that is worth.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

"All mimsy were the Borogoves"
Old 15 Jan 12, 16:39
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok View Post
The Warhammer Online forums are ablaze with how bad SWOR is, especially the PvP aspect. For whatever that is worth.
Its not worth much. Many of those people have never played it or won't give it a chance, and many many more actually play the game and have fun. Its NOT a bad game. Its a pretty good game. And it will get better. Any real problems with the game are minor at the moment. Its only been out for less than a month.

And SWTOR is not just about PvP. PvP is just one small part of it.

Old 17 Jan 12, 14:06
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Then its a problem with MMORPGs you have in general and not just SWTOR in specific.

I am having a blast. That's the best counter I can have to anyone.

Old 05 Mar 12, 18:23
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Well I have been playing about five weeks and am enjoying it tremendously.

My two sons play as well so a few more of their friends may actually create a guild.

It is very easy to put the the very few guys with old WoW "gear score jerk" attitude on ignore and never hear from them again.
during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
Old 23 Apr 12, 12:33
Private
United_States

Thickwilde2012 is a balanced individual [0]
Coming from WOW, I had a lot of concerns...but I reallllllly like it.

1. I LOVE the cover system if your a ranged attacker
2. I love the crafting system, you can continue your journey's as your companion does all the fetching
3. Dialogue system is refreshing from a text overload in WOW

Those are my top three likes. I mean there are plenty more but it's close to WOW in a lot of ways but definitely a breath of fresh air in others.
Old 27 Apr 12, 10:46
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
Well I have been playing about five weeks and am enjoying it tremendously.

My two sons play as well so a few more of their friends may actually create a guild.

It is very easy to put the the very few guys with old WoW "gear score jerk" attitude on ignore and never hear from them again.
I am sorry I missed this post, Cyberknight, as the bolded part really strikes home with me. All of my friends that would play a MMORPG consistently are these kinds of elitists and are dragging their feet about SWTOR or making up really lame reasons why the game isn't any good. Its easy to refute them and make them look silly, but I've just given up. If they have that kind of attitude towards games, then I don't really need them in my SWTOR experience.

They're also all wet about Diablo III right now.

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!