HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Books, Film and Media > Film, DVD, and TV

Notices and Announcements

Film, DVD, and TV Discuss the latest movies at the theatre and on DVD, as well as what is on TV. ACG film reviews will also be found here.

Old 26 Apr 12, 09:17
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
They did in January Yankee,you must have missed it. I've kept all 3 on my DVR. So I can watch it anytime I want. I've probably watched all 3 about 10 times now. And I like the dynamics,the way they keep them guessing,and at the end of the last episode we meet the dreaded 'Moriarity!' I love what Sherlock said with one glance at him. Gay. Then when they said what? He says Hey.That was hilarious.
I have to pay more attention from now on . Maybe they will repeat it in the future . I hope
Old 26 Apr 12, 15:45
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
It is possible to watch them in full either at pbs.org or bbc.co.uk I think.
Old 27 Apr 12, 08:31
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
It is possible to watch them in full either at pbs.org or bbc.co.uk I think.
Okay Thanks . Either I'll do that or I'll try and buy the DVD's
Old 06 May 12, 07:01
Major General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200]
Sherlock, Season 2, tonight (Sunday) on PBS.

Combattre, vaincre ou mourir (Fight, win or die)
Old 06 May 12, 09:49
Private
United_States

Aelanna is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
Bastards are making us wait till 2013 for Series 3.
That's because Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) is busy filming The Hobbit and the new Star Trek movie this year. His sidekick Watson is also playing Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit. (Sherlock voices Smaug)
Sponsored Links

Old 06 May 12, 13:34
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
I have to pay more attention from now on . Maybe they will repeat it in the future . I hope
Netflix is currently streaming season 1. I'm certain they'll be streaming season 2 shortly after the U.S. air date of the third episode.

Good show.
Old 06 May 12, 13:48
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Canada
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
It's hard for me to imagine anybody doing a better job in bringing Sherlock Holmes' character to life than the late Jeremy Brett....

Last edited by Skoblin; 06 May 12 at 20:19..
Old 07 May 12, 19:17
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
Why you didn't see me last night. It was EXCELLENT! I really,really liked it,enjoyed myself immensely,and watched it again after it was over,I think total I watched it 3 times. My wife,Callie,says OVERKILL! Can't help it.
Old 07 May 12, 19:36
Private
United_States

The next two are even better.

I can't wait for Season 3.

And Jeremy Brett was good. I liked Basil Rathbone as well.
Old 07 May 12, 21:32
General of the Forums
United_States

Agree. The best before Cumberbatch wasn't Downey,it was Basil Rathbone. And the terrific Nigel Bruce.
Old 07 May 12, 21:33
General of the Forums
United_States

The Hound Of The Baskervilles was always my favorite story. I have 4 in a series of the Holmes books,and several that are over 60 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelanna View Post
The next two are even better.

I can't wait for Season 3.

And Jeremy Brett was good. I liked Basil Rathbone as well.
Old 07 May 12, 21:36
Private
United_States

They do an interesting updated twist on it which I like (without giving anything away).

Wow on the books. I admit I have never read any of them, but I would like to. I never much cared for Downy as Holmes.
Old 07 May 12, 21:42
General of the Forums
United_States

I don't either. I like the relationship between Freeman and Cumberbatch,they seem to get on well,and the way they laugh at 'inside jokes' is hysterical. Glad you didn't give it away.I like being surprised.
I've read Holmes' stories since a kid,and watched all the movies I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelanna View Post
They do an interesting updated twist on it which I like (without giving anything away).

Wow on the books. I admit I have never read any of them, but I would like to. I never much cared for Downy as Holmes.
Old 07 May 12, 21:47
Private
United_States

Oh, and watch for the Star Trek reference in that one, too.
Old 07 May 12, 22:18
General of the Forums
United_States

I will. I always preferred the original. Maybe cause I used to be Captain Kirk?
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!