StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War The Battle for Vietnam. .

Old 26 Apr 12, 08:37
Banned
South_Vietnam

Phieu is on the path to success [1-99] Phieu is on the path to success [1-99] Phieu is on the path to success [1-99] Phieu is on the path to success [1-99] Phieu is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miska-iloveyou View Post
My point is focused on all the drops of sweat and each drop of combat blood shed there on the Vietminh side were genuine Vietnamese.
I wholeheartedly agree on this point.

Quote:
There is no Chinese participation in digging trenches or making logistics. Absolutely no Chinese casualties in combat.
Not so sure about this point which remains a classified matter.
It is well known, though, that the communication system was set up by Chinese technicians and engineers, the sophisticated artillery batteries were manned by Chinese artillerymen, the 5,000 trucks were drove by Chinese drivers.

Last edited by Phieu; 26 Apr 12 at 08:42..
Old 26 Apr 12, 14:15
General of the Forums - Departed Hero & Friend
United_States
ACG Order of Valiant Honor Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700]
KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miska-iloveyou View Post
Well, actually i'm male 28 and now working as assistant of director of a joint stock company for constructing various types of soundproof & heat-insulating windows. That doesn't however prevent me from paying my interest in military history of 20th century.
Thank you sir for your response.

By the way, there are many folks within this forum that are very interested in and have studied the Vietnam War (same as you); and even many of these have never set foot in S.E. Asia, let alone Vietnam.

Personally, my interest is my period of time 1967/1968, and my area of operations III Corps from Saigon to Bu Dop. Since joining this forum (approx. 5 yrs ago) I have learned much more about Vietnam; and still learning. Go figure, a 71 yr old man still learning.

What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.
Old 26 Apr 12, 18:42
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

Honolulu Dick is on the path to success [1-99] Honolulu Dick is on the path to success [1-99] Honolulu Dick is on the path to success [1-99] Honolulu Dick is on the path to success [1-99]
... a 71-year old man ...

Only 71?

Damn, I wouldn't mind seeing 71 again!!!
Old 04 May 12, 15:10
General of the Forums
Powflag
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
I was born in 1942 and coming up with a birthday this May. It sucks growing old.
Back on subject, just sticking your head into a tunnel was danger/danger.
Old 04 May 12, 18:33
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaOne View Post
I was born in 1942 and coming up with a birthday this May. It sucks growing old.
Back on subject, just sticking your head into a tunnel was danger/danger.
We had another name for this, "Fun and Games." Clearing or searching a tunnel was a nasty job best reserved for a smaller soldier with a 45. Usually, they were blown in place to seal off the entrance.

"Fun and Games" could also refer to any nasty mission we had to go on such as rescuing ambush patrols at night while they are being hit by a superior force.

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!