HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 24 Apr 12, 20:47
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
My wife likes debauchery and torture. Usually of me.
Old 24 Apr 12, 22:32
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
It's a Geordie expression.
No, it isn't.

And the name 'butterfly knives' is also unknown in northern England. There are however 'flick knives'. But the most common weapon in Geordie pub brawls would be:

one of these -

hand-crafted into the following form -

Philip
Old 24 Apr 12, 23:02
Major
UK

Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99]
Things to do in your 20's...

1. Go to college (check)
2. get motorcycle (check)
3. get massive tattoo (check)
4. Travel the world (check)
5. Fire excessive weaponry (check)
6. Get married
7. Lots of sex
8. Get arrested
9. Get drunk with some Russians (check)
10. set self on fire (check)
Old 24 Apr 12, 23:04
Lieutenant General
United_States

skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400]
skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400]
Philip; sure the lady could craft one of those too.

Far as geordie expression goes, consider the following and make your own decision.

"I butterfly you ass you sumbich cheat sailor"
Old 25 Apr 12, 00:45
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiplc View Post
Philip; sure the lady could craft one of those too.

Far as geordie expression goes, consider the following and make your own decision.

"I butterfly you ass you sumbich cheat sailor"
What the Hell are you guys on about?

At least three of the words in that question are not part of the Geordie vocabulary. In Britain, asses are inadequate four-legged beasts of burden. Some of our people do, however, have 'arses'.

Maybe you're talking about some kind of hybrid American/Filipino patois.

Philip

Last edited by PhilipLaos; 25 Apr 12 at 00:52..
Sponsored Links

Old 25 Apr 12, 10:31
General of the Forums
Canada
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 5 Year Service Ribbon 

joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasel_burger View Post
Things to do in your 20's...

10. set self on fire (check)
Dare I ask!!
Old 25 Apr 12, 12:23
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by philiplaos View Post
What the Hell are you guys on about?
Oh, about five or six joints a day . . . .

Quote:
At least three of the words in that question are not part of the Geordie vocabulary. In Britain, asses are inadequate four-legged beasts of burden.
Sounds like a Geordie to me.

Quote:
Some of our people do, however, have 'arses'.

Some even marry 'em.

Quote:
Maybe you're talking about some kind of hybrid American/Filipino patois.
I am working on it.
Old 25 Apr 12, 15:27
General of the Forums
United_States

RAID! I heard the word joint.
Nah,you're safe,I'm off duty.
Old 27 Apr 12, 23:19
General of the Forums
Pirate

KICK is a jewel in the rough [500]
KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500]
I think for your 30th birthday you ought to lose your virginity

Old 03 May 12, 03:47
Captain
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
Well in seven days I'm no longer a wet behind the ears 20 something.

So what's this "mature adult" club like? Can I look forward to any benefits? Do I have to give up my collection of Beavis and Butthead DVDs?

I find it's surprisingly the same except with a better paycheque.

/Tougher to get together with friends though outside of the weekly D&D sessions since everyone's got careers and SO's.
Sings we a song of man.
Who smells gold and slays his brother
Old 03 May 12, 04:33
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfleader View Post
I find it's surprisingly the same except with a better paycheque.

/Tougher to get together with friends though outside of the weekly D&D sessions since everyone's got careers and SO's.
Ah yes the 20s!! Wonderful years, in which you have the opportunity to do everything and think that you have done too.Then they slip away almost unperceived and unattainable ever again,so that you finally become an old fart like yours truly with a list as long as your arm of things that you SHOULD have done in your twenties and didn't with an accompanied list of things that you did do and would like to do again but can't!!! (Oh well lets have another drink,I can still do that! ) lcm1

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
Old 03 May 12, 04:57
Lieutenant General
United_States

skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400]
skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400] skiplc has a spectacular aura about [400]
By Horse, By Tram...

Ken might agree that you're in no real danger of growing up. Damn sure no reason to let it worry you now.

When Ken is 100 I'll meet him for a pint or twelve and we'll get back to you on how it feels to be "grown ups".

Enjoy yur 30's and 40's and such.
Old 03 May 12, 13:37
Captain
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcm1 View Post
Ah yes the 20s!! Wonderful years, in which you have the opportunity to do everything and think that you have done too.Then they slip away almost unperceived and unattainable ever again,so that you finally become an old fart like yours truly with a list as long as your arm of things that you SHOULD have done in your twenties and didn't with an accompanied list of things that you did do and would like to do again but can't!!! (Oh well lets have another drink,I can still do that! ) lcm1
Ayup. Though to be honest it's my early 20's that I miss, pretty much started working around my mid to late 20's along with the rest of my friends so the change to how things are now pretty much started back then.
Sings we a song of man.
Who smells gold and slays his brother
Old 03 May 12, 20:31
General of the Forums
United_States

My 20's most of them sucked. Married and divorced before 26. Had 4 children,went to places I never thought I would(Guards)drank way too much booze. Truly,my 40's and 50's has been more fun.
Old 03 May 12, 20:39
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfleader View Post
Ayup. Though to be honest it's my early 20's that I miss, pretty much started working around my mid to late 20's along with the rest of my friends so the change to how things are now pretty much started back then.
Ah, but I got out of the Corps at 21 and started celebrating!!..........HIC !! lcm1

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!