HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Books, Film and Media > Film, DVD, and TV

Notices and Announcements

Film, DVD, and TV Discuss the latest movies at the theatre and on DVD, as well as what is on TV. ACG film reviews will also be found here.

Old 23 Apr 12, 20:55
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
Speaking of PBS' Sherlock

I watched 2 of the 3 of the first series last night. Couldn't help myself. And then just now,I was thinking they had said season 2 would be on in May. Well here you go. I am happy

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/

A scene from one of the episodes

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/mystery/index.html

A Scandal in Bavaria Can't wait.

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 23 Apr 12, 21:30
General
United_States

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I've already seen it before it jumped to our side of the pond. You're going to LOVE this season Kirk.
Old 23 Apr 12, 21:57
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Bastards are making us wait till 2013 for Series 3.
Old 23 Apr 12, 21:57
General of the Forums
United_States

Ohhh realllllyyyyyy????
Old 23 Apr 12, 22:03
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
Ohhh realllllyyyyyy????
Yarly. It will probably air mid to late 2013 too, not January like Series 2 did.
Old 23 Apr 12, 22:21
General of the Forums
United_States

I can't wait that long. I am so addicted.
Old 23 Apr 12, 22:47
Brigadier General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200]
Gee! I'm happy to hear others like Sherlock too.

When I first mentioned that I was "wowed" by the TV show it about six months ago in this forum, self-appointed critics wrote something along the lines that they did not see how well a modernized Sherlock Holmes would fare on TV! (Then again, on the same post I mentioned something about liking Nikita too!)

Combattre, vaincre ou mourir (Fight, win or die)
Old 23 Apr 12, 23:51
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post
Gee! I'm happy to hear others like Sherlock too.

When I first mentioned that I was "wowed" by the TV show it about six months ago in this forum, self-appointed critics wrote something along the lines that they did not see how well a modernized Sherlock Holmes would fare on TV! (Then again, on the same post I mentioned something about liking Nikita too!)
I've enjoyed what few episodes of Nikita I've seen. Granted I never saw the original so I don't have anything to compare it to. My mom loves it though. If I get the time I might go through it online.
Old 24 Apr 12, 00:50
General
United_States

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
Bastards are making us wait till 2013 for Series 3.
I want names......and addresses.
Old 24 Apr 12, 08:23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99] Yankee is on the path to success [1-99]
I saw the first series but haven't seen any others. I hope they rebroadcast it.
Sponsored Links

Old 24 Apr 12, 14:50
General of the Forums
United_States

They did in January Yankee,you must have missed it. I've kept all 3 on my DVR. So I can watch it anytime I want. I've probably watched all 3 about 10 times now. And I like the dynamics,the way they keep them guessing,and at the end of the last episode we meet the dreaded 'Moriarity!' I love what Sherlock said with one glance at him. Gay. Then when they said what? He says Hey.That was hilarious.
Old 24 Apr 12, 19:27
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
I saw the first series but haven't seen any others. I hope they rebroadcast it.
Series 1 and 2 are both available online, free.
Old 24 Apr 12, 20:36
General of the Forums
United_States

Like where for Season 2 IF I can't wait til the 6th?

Quote:
Series 1 and 2 are both available online, free.
Old 24 Apr 12, 21:11
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
Like where for Season 2 IF I can't wait til the 6th?
Google is your friend, I imagine various sites have links to working video streams. Or you could download them if you wanted, but I'd advise against that unless you want to have them easily at hand.
Old 24 Apr 12, 21:47
General of the Forums
United_States

Thanks yes google is my buddy. I don't download them,I just watch. Thanks Thanks Thanks.

Quote:
Google is your friend, I imagine various sites have links to working video streams. Or you could download them if you wanted, but I'd advise against that unless you want to have them easily at hand.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!