HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 24 Feb 11, 11:06
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Wargaming.net has released news that it broke a record for most number of gamers on a server. Full text of the press release follows:

Quote:
Wargaming.net is glad to announce that its free-to-play action-MMO game World of Tanks has set up a Guinness World Record™ in the category of Most Players Online Simultaneously on One MMO Server.

The record was registered on January 23rd, 2011 when the number of players on the game’s Russian server totaled 91,311.

“We are excited to see so many people playing World of Tanks and the new record is an important achievement for us,” said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. “However, with the population of the game growing steadily another week or two would let us report a more impressive record as the current PCCU number surpasses 120,000 players”.

Wargaming.net wants to thank all World of Tanks fans that made this record possible.
Old 14 Mar 11, 16:29
Brigadier General
United_States
Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I heard them talking about gold, does that mean that you would have to buy it with real money? Or do you get it through playing? Is there anything that I would have to pay for with real money if I was on there?
Old 16 Mar 11, 14:57
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 5 Year Service Ribbon 

pmglasser is on the path to success [1-99] pmglasser is on the path to success [1-99] pmglasser is on the path to success [1-99] pmglasser is on the path to success [1-99]
Yes, once the game goes live you will have to buy gold with real $. The assumed rate is $1 = 250 gold or approximately $10 for one month of premium (2,500 gold).

Gold can be used to:
-buy premium tanks, ammo (APCR/HEAT), garage slots and consumables
-convert experience on elite tanks to free exp
-premium accounts with a 50 pct bonus on credits/exp and the ability to form platoons

You can play the game without gold, except for the items mentioned above.

There are also several "Pre-order" packs. You can buy gold in $50, $75 and $100 blocks. Each pack gets you a free premium tank A-32 (upgunned A20_ for $50, p4/5 for $75 and upgunned M6 for $100. Those will go on sale 2 weeks before the game goes live, now estimated some time in april or may.

Last edited by pmglasser; 16 Mar 11 at 14:59..
Old 27 Mar 11, 00:03
General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500]
Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500]
Gentlemen,

A number of my fellows in-clan have mentioned a rumor that wipes may be periodic through the games life-time.

Can you shed any light on whether this is true or not?

Cheers
Old 27 Mar 11, 20:16
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 5 Year Service Ribbon 

pmglasser is on the path to success [1-99] pmglasser is on the path to success [1-99] pmglasser is on the path to success [1-99] pmglasser is on the path to success [1-99]
There has been one softwipe during the beta test and there will be a hard wipe when the game goes live. however, i've never heard any mention of soft or hard resets once the game goes live. that's not official, i'm only a long time beta tester.
Sponsored Links

Old 04 Apr 11, 08:53
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthwys View Post
Gentlemen,

A number of my fellows in-clan have mentioned a rumor that wipes may be periodic through the games life-time.

Can you shed any light on whether this is true or not?

Cheers
I'll send an email to the devs and ask for some input.
Old 26 Nov 11, 20:33
Recruit
Belgium

miller is a balanced individual [0]
some screenshots of World of Tanks

some screenshots of World of Tanks http://www.mmopool.com/world-of-tanks.html
Old 01 Dec 11, 17:05
General
Romania
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Imperial has a spectacular aura about [400]
Imperial has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBlade View Post
I'll send an email to the devs and ask for some input.
Any feedback? Wipes don't sound good at all.
Old 01 Dec 11, 18:29
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
Any feedback? Wipes don't sound good at all.
Overlord has said that there will be no wipes.

A bigger worry is the upcoming .7.0 patch, with the changes to HE and AP mechanics. These , on paper, read like a "Buy more gold ammo or be any bigger tanks target practice". Although Overlord has said that HE from 152mm guns won't be effected that much, but smaller guns will.How many 152mm Guns are htere in game? 3. Whose tech tree are they on? Add in sloped armour getting more bouncy (and which tech tree has the most sloped armour?), and you see why people are worried.

My other thought at the moment is the Development pace. It seems to be more World of Mañana than World of Tanks.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 10 Dec 11, 21:40
Private
Australia

wombat_of_war is on the path to success [1-99]
ive played a few mmo's but ive never really been into them.. everything from a WOW rip off through to battlestar galactica, but WOT is definitely my favourite, for me it doesnt feel grindy well AS grindy as the others although im not the sort of player they like.. someone who prefers the mid tiers only and once you get the tanks you want then what?

it definitely takes more skill and patience than other mmo's and a team using actual team work can be devastating.
Old 10 Dec 11, 21:49
General of the Forums
Pirate

Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200]
I have been playing WoT off and on for a while now, and it's pretty fun.

I have a question: would it be possible to implement a hard tank barrel? By that I mean one that can't go through objects like buildings. It would make urban battles with heavier tanks very challenging for those using them.
Old 19 Apr 12, 20:14
Recruit
United_States

ajgregor61 is a balanced individual [0]
I only have one question for you...I've asked it on the games forums but the players have been kinda mean about it...but where did you guys find your design for the VK2801? Ive trying too search everywhere but the most information I've found is on achtung Panzer and all it really says is that it was that it got cancelled later on
Old 20 Apr 12, 15:15
Brigadier General
United_States
Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgregor61 View Post
I only have one question for you...I've asked it on the games forums but the players have been kinda mean about it...but where did you guys find your design for the VK2801? Ive trying too search everywhere but the most information I've found is on achtung Panzer and all it really says is that it was that it got cancelled later on
Here is something that I found on another forum.

Quote:
In 1943, it was to decided to stop the production of Panzerkampfwagen IV in the fall of 1944, and since it served as base for numerous conversions, replacement was planned. In June 1943, Guderian envisioned new vehicle - Mehrzweckpanzer (multipurpose tank) to be used as a reconnaissance tank, artillery observation tank, anti-aircraft tank, light tank destroyer, light selfpropelled carriage as well as other specialized vehicles. New vehicle was to be designed by Krupp and was designated as VK 2801. Plans were made that the production of this 28 ton new vehicle was to start in April of 1945, but in October of 1943, entire project was canceled and production of Panzerkampfwagen IV continued.
Link

If you wish to find the exact post hit Ctrl + F and type in VK 2801 then hit enter.

You also might try asking this question in the WW2 armored section. You should get better replys on the history of the tank in question. I would imagine that the developer that started this thread isn't checking it anymore.
Old 09 Aug 12, 03:52
Recruit
China

Commander13 is a balanced individual [0]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthwys View Post
Glad to hear it. I'd hate to see how many heavies would have to be used to take it out bereft of airsupport. As it stands it should be interesting to see how the Maus fares.
In World of Tanks, there are three major combating modes, listed as Random Battle, Clan Battle and Team Battle.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!