HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Korean War

Notices and Announcements

Korean War The Korean War (1950 - 53)

Old 18 Apr 12, 10:43
First Lieutenant
United_States

Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99]
Images of the Korean War.

I was looking around the Historical Events area of the forums and noticed that most of the other topics such as World War I, World War II, Vietnam, and etc. had some type of thread for Images, but not the Korean War, so I thought we should have one.

A Sherman tank fires on an enemy bunker – May 11, 1952.

Machine gun crew.

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 29 Apr 12, 04:41
Brigadier General
EU
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

nikolas93TS has a spectacular aura about [400]
nikolas93TS has a spectacular aura about [400] nikolas93TS has a spectacular aura about [400] nikolas93TS has a spectacular aura about [400] nikolas93TS has a spectacular aura about [400] nikolas93TS has a spectacular aura about [400] nikolas93TS has a spectacular aura about [400]
Iconic.Napalm attack on train.

Косово је Србија!
Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page
Old 29 Apr 12, 11:59
First Lieutenant
United_States

Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99]
Inchon Invasion, September 1950 First Lieutenant Baldomero Lopez, USMC, leads the 3rd Platoon, Company A, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines over the seawall on the northern side of Red Beach, as the second assault wave lands.

North Korean Army tank regiment

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler
Old 19 May 12, 17:46
Sergeant Major
United_States

Gencallan has disabled reputation
Low Density War

I have posted two blogs on the Korean War part 2. 1966 to 1969. Korea has continued to cost lives ever since the 'cease fire'. My sister was an Army nurse there from 1966-67 and I was there in 1968-69.
That's where I learned you weren't 'safe' until you go back to the states.
Old 25 May 12, 04:29
Brigadier General
Australia

Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200]

ROK soldiers dump empty shell casings after the Battle of Triangle Hill.

From the same battle, American flame throwers advance on enemy bunkers.

-- Christopher Hitchens
Old 09 Jun 12, 09:44
General of the Forums
United_States
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400]
lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400] lakechampainer has a spectacular aura about [400]
Below is a link to a thread that has several dozen pictures that my uncle came home from Korea with, don't know from what source. Anyway, I would be very interested in any comments about anything that strikes you about the pictures, the tanks, what the men were carrying, what the geography of the picture suggests, etc. etc.?

Great idea for the thread, Vassilli!

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=108743

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!