HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > Basic Training

Notices and Announcements

Basic Training This area is for forum announcements, testing, technical requests, or site feedback.

Old 07 Feb 11, 08:51
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

american1975 is on the path to success [1-99] american1975 is on the path to success [1-99] american1975 is on the path to success [1-99] american1975 is on the path to success [1-99] american1975 is on the path to success [1-99] american1975 is on the path to success [1-99] american1975 is on the path to success [1-99]
Slander me, just no sticks or stones...

I encourage personal attacks upon me, that just proves the lack of intelligence or ability to defeat my arguments...but I understand how boring and spamish reading such drivel can be for others...

On a serious note, should I transgress, how does one appeal for forgiveness/be reinstated? I refuse to ever become a Tigger or whatever and hide under an assumed name if I am not welcome here. Hopefully there is a reasonable chance for explanation and to make ammends. I really enjoy this site
Old 07 Feb 11, 12:37
ACG Forums - Legatus Janitorus
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Silent Hunter we have somewhat drifted from our traditional habit of changing the title of any given BPR to add [Action Taken] or [No Action Taken]. Our apologies. That would be the extent of it. Regards title links... in that our Staff is all volunteer, & that the vast majority of BPRs warrant no action, the additional duty of that would be... well, pretty much akin to latrine duty...

Besides, if the predominate historical point/attraction to this community is that of BPRs, then somebody likely needs a Vay Cay...

Trust me, & believe when I say that I am currently/actually ON Vay Cay Shun - HAR...

Unemployed upon its conclusion.

Heidi, you'll know if there is a problem, BPR or not...

One way, or any of a multitude of others - public or private...

If there is no problem, there is no problem...

No, we ain't gonna spend the time to tell ya somebody BPR'd ya if there was no problem to it.

I am but your humble forum/community janitor/custodian, american1975...

The bins are in the back...

The Mess Hall is Open...

Slug absolutely Lurvs good Vittles...

Pleased to properly make your acquaintance!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 07 Feb 11, 16:16
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I wonder if vBulletin has a status/flag option that would reduce the work of managing BPRs?

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Old 07 Feb 11, 16:30
Colonel
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Silent Hunter we have somewhat drifted from our traditional habit of changing the title of any given BPR to add [Action Taken] or [No Action Taken].
Those were really good ideas. Speaking for myself (of course), all I wanted to know was that any complaint was investigated. If the staff did not believe action was warranted, so be it.

p.s. sorry to hear about the extended holiday

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm
Old 07 Feb 11, 16:34
Colonel
Canada

Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300] Herman Hum is on a distinguished road [300]
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoyote View Post
I wonder if vBulletin has a status/flag option that would reduce the work of managing BPRs?
Weren't there some of those smiley buttons that could be used (that were only accessible to Staff members)? I thought that during one of the GameSquad updates, they made certain smiley Icons available to paid subscription members while the general public did not have access to them. Could some of those icons (like the thumbs up/down) possibly be adapted/modified for such a Yay/Nay response on ACG?

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Old 24 Apr 11, 17:58
First Lieutenant
Canada
Model Forum Group Build 

Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99]
If I'm having issues with someone is there a way we could have a thread made in here that only he, myself, and an admin acting as a mediator could see?
Old 24 Apr 11, 18:13
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I believe that you could do that through a PM. For the recipients do a mod and the person you are having the issues with.

Or you could put that person on ignore.
Old 24 Apr 11, 18:34
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
If I'm having issues with someone is there a way we could have a thread made in here that only he, myself, and an admin acting as a mediator could see?
Report any posts that are violations of the forum rules. Sometimes people get upset because no action is taken, but it is because there was no violation of the forum rules. Its a case of one or two people being irritated.
Old 24 Apr 11, 19:19
First Lieutenant
Canada
Model Forum Group Build 

Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99]
What exactly does ignore do? And is there some way of stopping specific people from seeing your stuff?
Old 24 Apr 11, 19:39
Colonel
Canada

Ignore prevents you from seeing what they are saying (and not the other way around.)

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Sponsored Links

Old 24 Apr 11, 19:39
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
What exactly does ignore do? And is there some way of stopping specific people from seeing your stuff?
I believe that ignore is like blocking someone. You don't see any of there stuff, I think.

I think they only way that you could keep people to not see your stuff is to not post or have them put you on ignore, or something. But I am not sure.
Old 07 Mar 12, 11:41
Sergeant Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

LtCol is on the path to success [1-99] LtCol is on the path to success [1-99]
Not a report but a suggestion. Could the game/gameplaying be in their own section, only...in some forums they are pushing the discussion of history out of the forum almost totally.
Old 10 Apr 12, 21:14
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900]
Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post

Now THAT's just plain uncalled for!

Mom! Wes is being gruesome! Now he is touching me! Make him stop touching me! Mom! Mom! Mom!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!