HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 25 Feb 12, 12:53
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDeFranco View Post
I see a big hole in the Israeli left center. How'd that happen?
The Egyptians had two crossings, which I have just consolidated into a single bridgehead around good defensive terrain. He's not worried about me pushing forward through any gaps as it means I'll leave my SAM umbrella and also get cut off from supply in open terrain There's no point in atacking unless I plan on holding victory locations on the roads. I need to stick close to the canal and hurt the Israelis first.

Historically, the Egyptians were doing well as long as they hugged the canal. They commited an error when they pushed out to help the Syrians. And got clobbered for it.

Hm... I wonder if Jay visits this site. oh oh

Last edited by Duncan; 25 Feb 12 at 12:58..
Old 04 Mar 12, 00:26
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Field Commander Rommel
May 20-27 1940. The Allies counter attack.
This game is going to take some time to figure out a win.

Old 05 Mar 12, 00:28
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

ASLSK2 by MMP
88s at Zon - Zon, Holland, 17 September 1944
Near the end of the game.

Old 05 Mar 12, 01:02
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
The Egyptians had two crossings, which I have just consolidated into a single bridgehead around good defensive terrain. He's not worried about me pushing forward through any gaps as it means I'll leave my SAM umbrella and also get cut off from supply in open terrain There's no point in atacking unless I plan on holding victory locations on the roads. I need to stick close to the canal and hurt the Israelis first.

Historically, the Egyptians were doing well as long as they hugged the canal. They commited an error when they pushed out to help the Syrians. And got clobbered for it.

Hm... I wonder if Jay visits this site. oh oh
Yeah. I forgot about the SAM umbrella. Good Luck!
Old 13 Mar 12, 00:40
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Not really a game. But I just ordered this book. I've been doing some play testing and proof reading for VPG and am getting the urge to delve
a little deeper into the hobby.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ImportedImages/...war169x256.jpg
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Mar 12, 12:23
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDeFranco View Post
Yeah. I forgot about the SAM umbrella. Good Luck!
Here's how it stands now. Half way through turn seven. My Egyptians are making a shift to deal with the Isreali birdgehead. The Israelis have another bridge providing supply. The Sharon div. is about to cross and move in from the left. You can't see them on this picture but my infantry wall should give you an idea.

Last edited by Duncan; 13 Mar 12 at 18:35..
Old 14 Mar 12, 10:50
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
Not really a game. But I just ordered this book. I've been doing some play testing and proof reading for VPG and am getting the urge to delve
a little deeper into the hobby.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ImportedImages/...war169x256.jpg
I'm halfway through it and it's a freakin' fantastic book.
And I'm not just saying that b/c I'm in the bibliography!
Old 14 Mar 12, 12:24
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayonetBrant View Post
I'm halfway through it and it's a freakin' fantastic book.
And I'm not just saying that b/c I'm in the bibliography!
Can't wait. It's not in Canada quite yet. I have it on pre-order.
Old 19 Mar 12, 14:15
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

I am victorious in the first round of an AHIKS Panzer Blitz tournament.

Korsun Pocket Game #1 - Russian Victory
Germans get hung up on the blocks and hills while Russian guns hit them from fortified positions.

Korsun Pocket Game #2 - German Victory
The Germans keep the Russian CP dispersed and unable to spot. They punch a narrow but viable gap in a built up and forested area allowing escape.

Old 19 Mar 12, 17:28
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

No Retreat! by GMT - Campaign Game
Me as Germany losing in March 1943 to a Russian sudden death victory.
I made a mistake and the Soviets are one VP short. So the game continues!

Last edited by Duncan; 20 Mar 12 at 19:44..
Old 20 Mar 12, 19:44
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

I made a mistake in my VP calculations. The game continues!
Now, where to put my SS Panzer?
Old 30 Mar 12, 13:05
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

After a disasterous two years (see above) my Germans finally get some significant results in May 1943.

Old 30 Mar 12, 18:02
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Yom Kippur by MMP/Gamers
The Isrealis currently have a marginal victory.
My Egyptians have ignored a cease fire. They've managed to break out and save some armour near Chinese Farm with the help massive arty support. I'm now attempting a breakout near El Firdan.

Old 09 Apr 12, 23:32
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Advanced Squad Leader by MMP
Aachen, Germany, 18 October 1944
SS Battalion 'Rink' counter attacks.
(The canal is actually a wide boulevard)

My MMG in the steeple has attracted the attention of the U.S. artillery.

Old 18 Apr 12, 21:59
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Avoid this game at all costs. It gets tedious very quickly.

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!