HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Warfare Through the Ages

Notices and Announcements

Warfare Through the Ages Roman, Greek, Japanese, etc. Topics cover all manner of pre-modern warfare and empire-building and crushing.

Old 06 Apr 12, 16:48
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
13 Great North American Movie Lines

1. "Keep you friends close -- and your enemies closer" - The Godfather Part 2

Old 07 Apr 12, 16:23
First Lieutenant
Spain
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99]

2. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore - Robert Duvall - Apocalypse Now

Old 07 Apr 12, 16:46
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+]

2. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore - Robert Duvall - Apocalypse Now

3. "Don't sell yourself short, judge. You're a tremendous slouch." - Ty Webb in Caddyshack

Old 07 Apr 12, 17:31
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200] Dan M is walking in the light [200]
A Baker's Dozen of Great North American Movie Lines

3. "Don't sell yourself short, Judge. You're a tremendous slouch." - Ty Webb in Caddyshack

4. "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" - Alfonso Bedoya as the Federale in 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre'

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)
Old 07 Apr 12, 20:12
First Lieutenant
United_States

Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99]
3. "Don't sell yourself short, Judge. You're a tremendous slouch." - Ty Webb in Caddyshack
4. "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" - Alfonso Bedoya as the Federale in 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre'

"Take your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape." - TAYLOR (Charlton Heston) Planet of the Apes

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler
Old 08 Apr 12, 04:03
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
England
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+]

5. "Take your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape." - TAYLOR (Charlton Heston) Planet of the Apes

6. Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation - Oddball - Kelly's Heroes

Old 08 Apr 12, 13:05
First Lieutenant
Spain
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99]

1. "Keep you friends close -- and your enemies closer" - The Godfather Part
5. "Take your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape." - TAYLOR (Charlton Heston) Planet of the Apes
6. Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation - Oddball - Kelly's Heroes

7. “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” - Rhett Butler -Clark Gable - Gone With the Wind

Old 08 Apr 12, 15:21
General
United_States
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Catman has a spectacular aura about [400]

7. “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” - Rhett Butler -Clark Gable - Gone With the Wind

8. "Fill your hands you son of a bitch" - Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne) - True Grit

Last edited by Catman; 08 Apr 12 at 15:39..
Old 08 Apr 12, 16:46
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Sgt. Rock gives and gets respect [800] Sgt. Rock gives and gets respect [800]

8. "Fill your hands you son of a bitch" - Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne) - True Grit

9. "Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president." Jack Burton

Old 08 Apr 12, 17:02
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
England
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+]

6. "Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation" - Oddball - Kelly's Heroes
9. "Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president." Jack Burton

10. "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" - Cody Jarrett (James Cagney) - White Heat

Last edited by Post Captain; 08 Apr 12 at 17:08..
Sponsored Links

Old 08 Apr 12, 17:14
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100] McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100] McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100] McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100] McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100] McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100] McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100] McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100] McMax has demonstrated strength of character [100]

11. "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!" Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) The Wizard of Oz

Last edited by McMax; 08 Apr 12 at 17:23..
Old 08 Apr 12, 18:03
First Lieutenant
United_States

Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99] Vassilli is on the path to success [1-99]
11."Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!" Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) The Wizard of Oz

12.I wanted to see exotic Vietnam, the jewel of Southeast Asia. I, uh, I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."- PRIVATE JOKER (Matthew Modine) in Full Metal Jacket

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler
Old 08 Apr 12, 18:52
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 

11."Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!" Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) The Wizard of Oz

12.I wanted to see exotic Vietnam, the jewel of Southeast Asia. I, uh, I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."- PRIVATE JOKER (Matthew Modine) in Full Metal Jacket

13. "Rosebud" from "Citizen Kane".

Old 08 Apr 12, 18:59
Lieutenant General
United_States

A Bakers Dozen of North American sayings and their origins.

1. "A Can of Corn" from baseball about a an easy fly ball to catch.
A grocer would have to get cans of corn off the top shelf with a stick or hook and would catch it in their apron.
Old 09 Apr 12, 10:35
General
United_States

A Bakers Dozen of North American sayings and their origins.

1. "A Can of Corn" from baseball about a an easy fly ball to catch.
A grocer would have to get cans of corn off the top shelf with a stick or hook and would catch it in their apron.

2. "Someone let the cat out of the bag". - They used to sell baby pigs in burlap sacks. Unscrupulous characters would occasionally slip a sack with a cat in it in the mix.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!