HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion

Notices and Announcements

General Gaming Discussion Discussion of gaming subjects that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 06 Apr 12, 06:56
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
He probably DIDN'T pay or not pay, because he's a SPAMMER and just copied what HPJ said.
Then simply direct my reply to anyone who paid real life money for World of Tanks instead of downloading it free.
Old 07 Apr 12, 13:03
General of the Forums
Pirate

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybriar View Post
Then simply direct my reply to anyone who paid real life money for World of Tanks instead of downloading it free.
Fair enough

It doesn't really seem worth it to pay when you can get it free, huh?
Old 07 Apr 12, 13:21
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Well, I found a new home for it today...the dumpster.

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.*

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.
Old 10 Apr 12, 19:08
Recruit
United_States

MasterTanker is on the path to success [1-99]
I created this account to try to balance out this thread a bit.

I'm an avid gamer, the only reason I bought ACG is for the WOT promo. Why pay for a free game?

WOT is actually a premium/free-to-play massive multiplayer online (MMO) game that's developped in Russia by War Gaming who have millions of users and revenues of over $10 million/month.

While 95% of the game is free, gold (which you buy with real $) is required to be competitive in the higher tier matchs. Gold also speeds up your progress in the game by allowing the reallocation of experience points which are otherwise locked to a given tank, allowing you access to the bigger tanks sooner. Furthermore, gold allows you to buy premium time which increases credit and experience earning by 50%, as well as premium tanks which have higher credit and experience earning coefficients.

So paying speeds up your game progress and the WOT ACG promo is a very cost effective offer. Gold offers other advantages as well, and WOT features tournaments with gold as the prize.

WOT is a "simulation game" and is very historically accurate and has made quite a tank nerd out of me. The game play also reflects this so anyone not familiar with the game mechanics will die pretty fast.

The fun in this game is the coordination of historically accurate tanks, executing tactics together and defeating a well trained enemy over a variety of maps and levels of competitivness.

Helpful WOT Links:

Basic Tactics:
forums(dot)goharu(dot)com/showthread.php?t=19

Tech Tree Reference:
wotdb(dot)info

Official Forums:
forum(dot)worldoftanks(dot)com

(p.s. i can't link yet so change (dot) to . )

I'd be glad to offer any assistance to anyone interested in the game.
Old 10 Apr 12, 21:47
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
Welcome to the Armchair General forums, MasterTanker.
Sponsored Links

Old 16 Apr 12, 10:20
General of the Forums
Pirate

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Welcome indeed.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!