HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Weapons of War

Notices and Announcements

Weapons of War The machinery of warfare. .

Old 07 Apr 12, 04:23
Captain
Australia
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99]
Doodlebugs V Tiny Tim

Doodlebugs V Tiny Tim

1944 the V1blitz on London What seemed a likely strategy for dealing with the V1menace was unable to go into effect because the US Army and US Marine Good old fashioned inter service rivalry…………….

”That’s the end of this briefing. As long as I’m in charge there’ll never be a Marine in Europe”
General Marshall

Project Danny……. A plan to deploy F4u Corsairs of the US Marines armed with an advanced weapon Tiny Tim a air-to-ground rocket Flying at over 880 km/h was accurate to a mile and very effective for bunker-busting abilities…… like the well dug-in V1 bases

“Attack with aggression, but always have a plan of retreat”
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 07 Apr 12, 04:43
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsfargo View Post
Doodlebugs V Tiny Tim

1944 the V1blitz on London What seemed a likely strategy for dealing with the V1menace was unable to go into effect because the US Army and US Marine Good old fashioned inter service rivalry…………….

”That’s the end of this briefing. As long as I’m in charge there’ll never be a Marine in Europe”
General Marshall

Project Danny……. A plan to deploy F4u Corsairs of the US Marines armed with an advanced weapon Tiny Tim a air-to-ground rocket Flying at over 880 km/h was accurate to a mile and very effective for bunker-busting abilities…… like the well dug-in V1 bases

Although it makes little differance to your comments, in actual fact the V1 firing points were often in the open with facilities to moove it elsewhere at very short notice. lcm1

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
Old 07 Apr 12, 10:29
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300]
As long as the engine was buzzing along us kids and adults would stand and watch....when the engine stopped...THEN it was run like hell for the shelter....
Old 08 Apr 12, 04:51
Captain
Australia
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99] wellsfargo is on the path to success [1-99]
Doodlebugs V Tiny Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcm1 View Post
Although it makes little differance to your comments, in actual fact the V1 firing points were often in the open with facilities to moove it elsewhere at very short notice. lcm1

That was a little later very mobile The first sites were bunkers for firing and assemble….

It is the Tiny Tim that was new to me

Old 08 Apr 12, 04:58
Australia

lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
As long as the engine was buzzing along us kids and adults would stand and watch....when the engine stopped...THEN it was run like hell for the shelter....
I remember being on leave on one occasion and the warning had gone,I was standing on the corner of the street looking down across the valley leading slightly N/E towards the country town of Lewes and flying below my eye level a few 100 yards between were two 'doodle bugs'. I assume they were originally aimed at London but at their present direction would miss and at the altitude they were at would probably never make it anyway.IMO the biggest nightmare if they had come earlier would have been without doubt the V2s. lcm1

Old 09 Apr 12, 09:16
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcm1 View Post
I remember being on leave on one occasion and the warning had gone,I was standing on the corner of the street looking down across the valley leading slightly N/E towards the country town of Lewes and flying below my eye level a few 100 yards between were two 'doodle bugs'. I assume they were originally aimed at London but at their present direction would miss and at the altitude they were at would probably never make it anyway.IMO the biggest nightmare if they had come earlier would have been without doubt the V2s. lcm1

I remember as a kid one V2 that landed about 1/2 mile away.......a sunny day ,then a loud noise and the world exploded.......large boom and big cloud of dust,smoke......later on all us kids went up to see....massive big hole and all the surrounding houses were wrecked.......got told later a lot of people were killed........When I was a lot older (years) I read a book on how us guys who lived through The Blitz actually had more combat time than some front line soldiers......thats my excuse for being weird.......so what did I do when I was older...became a full time soldier/airman.....
Old 09 Apr 12, 10:55
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
[/B]

I remember as a kid one V2 that landed about 1/2 mile away.......a sunny day ,then a loud noise and the world exploded.......large boom and big cloud of dust,smoke......later on all us kids went up to see....massive big hole and all the surrounding houses were wrecked.......got told later a lot of people were killed........When I was a lot older (years) I read a book on how us guys who lived through The Blitz actually had more combat time than some front line soldiers......thats my excuse for being weird.......so what did I do when I was older...became a full time soldier/airman.....
Good on yer Bow!! lcm1

Old 09 Apr 12, 10:59
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsfargo View Post

That was a little later very mobile The first sites were bunkers for firing and assemble….

It is the Tiny Tim that was new to me

'everything thats old is new again! I've never heard of it either. lcm1

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!