HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 28 Feb 12, 18:37
Brigadier General
Germany

Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300]
Guild Wars 2

So... who's going to pick it up once its out and did anyone else also register for the beta?
Flammenden Blick.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 22 Mar 12, 15:04
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon ACG Ten Year Service Award March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
I'm getting it when it comes out, and have already registered for the beta. (Haven't heard anything yet tho).

Sick of WoW, and Rift didn't hold me for long at all. Hoping this one will do the trick!

Winston Churchill
Old 22 Mar 12, 20:33
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
As I said before, I will wait for the 40K MMO.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

Old 07 May 12, 13:06
Private
United_States

CompTopGames is on the path to success [1-99]
Martok,
I hate to break it to you, but it was announced recently that the WAR40K MMO is now officially dead.
The company is taking the assets already created and making a single player (but with online co-op I guess?) game. It was a sad, sad day for me when I read it...
Just type in "war 40k mmo" into google to see for yourself
Old 07 May 12, 13:49
Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99]
I used to play the original all the time, it was a great game
Old 07 May 12, 13:53
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon ACG Ten Year Service Award March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'm playing Star Wars Old Republic right now. I would much rather play Guild Wars 2 but I think my guild is getting tired of game hopping.
Old 07 May 12, 14:11
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompTopGames View Post
Martok,
I hate to break it to you, but it was announced recently that the WAR40K MMO is now officially dead.
That is bad news. Oh well, they probably would have screwed it up anyway, as they did with Warhammer Online.

Thanks for the info.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

Old 31 Aug 12, 22:02
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Just picked up Guild Wars 2. Looking forward to it.
Old 01 Sep 12, 17:28
Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TactiKill J. is on the path to success [1-99] TactiKill J. is on the path to success [1-99] TactiKill J. is on the path to success [1-99] TactiKill J. is on the path to success [1-99] TactiKill J. is on the path to success [1-99] TactiKill J. is on the path to success [1-99] TactiKill J. is on the path to success [1-99]
How's the PVP in this game, is it worth getting strictly for pvp? As in if I buy it, I wouldn't ever want to do any quests or crafting. So can that be avoided and is the pvp deep enough to stand on its own.
Old 01 Sep 12, 18:44
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

No idea. I have never been a power gamer and avoid PvP. The only PvP i've ever enjoyed is Aion.
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Sep 12, 16:37
Brigadier General
Germany

Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiKill J. View Post
How's the PVP in this game, is it worth getting strictly for pvp? As in if I buy it, I wouldn't ever want to do any quests or crafting. So can that be avoided and is the pvp deep enough to stand on its own.
Theres 2 kinds of PvP in the game.

WvW which is just server vs server vs server. Everbody gets shot up to level 80 (max level) and the equip gets better than it is in PvE. So your 10 to 50 damage swords does significantly more damage while in WvW. However you're still weaker as a lvl 1 char than a "true" lvl 80 guy. Mainly you're missing the additional attribute points from your traits and your equip is not quite on the same standard. Its still very much possible to beat a lvl 80 with a lvl 1 char though because you're artificially put on the same level (no extra crit chance, no massive HP difference and all that). You may find yourself with 10 men against 100 though. There's monsters and castles around for your guild to claim for your server. Pretty good casual PvP.

The second one is sPvP (structured PvP) in which you get blown to full level 80 with max equipment and all skills and traits unlocked automatically while you are in the sPvP arena. The setup is always balanced number-wise too so its strictly skill based.

So either way you wont have to do any crafting or questing for PvP at all. Also you will get XP and loot drops off other players in WvW so you can level your char exclusively there. The drops off other players are generated by the system with your level and the enemy player level in mind. The defeated player does not loose anything. (he will have to spend some money to repair the armor piece that got damaged by his death though)

The game has no dedicated heal classes. You are supposed to dodge out of the way of big damage (AoE is indicated by a red circle on the ground if its harmful to you and white if its benefitical or irrelevent to you. Dodge out of red circles before the projectiles, spell etc. reaches there)
Flammenden Blick.
Old 17 Sep 12, 02:52
Recruit
United_States

cookchicken is a balanced individual [0]
GW2 is definitely a thrill. Really well made, beautiful; if you are lucky enough to have good graphics cards and up to date drivers. Seriously, there is loads of fun to be had. The questing system is different and really sets itself apart from other mmos. If you have friends to play this game with, you won't want to leave the computer. Buy it.
Old 18 Oct 12, 04:30
Private
Japan

Holypal is a balanced individual [0]
i will still stick to world of warcraft i guess
Old 10 Nov 12, 18:35
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99]
I just bought it to replace WoW and like it so far. I'm just sick and tired of paying Blizzard to make updates that I have to figure out how to make work on my computer.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!