HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Weider History Group Welcomes You! > Weider History Group Magazines > Aviation History Magazine

Notices and Announcements

Aviation History Magazine Discuss magazine articles and issues here.

Old 08 Mar 12, 16:00
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

Aviation History Magazine is on the path to success [1-99]
Mosquito to Buzz Again

New Zealander Glyn Powell is building what will be the only airworthy de Havilland Mosquito.

More...

Feed Source
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 08 Mar 12, 17:20
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800]
Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800]
That places like Duxford aren't pouring their duckets into things like this makes you wonder. Best of luck to Powell, now if only someone would make a flying TSR2

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Old 08 Mar 12, 17:26
First Lieutenant
UK

Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99]
Last year when I was at the york air museum they were busy rebuilding a Mosquito - don't how far they have got but I believe they are hoping to make it fly.
Old 08 Mar 12, 18:08
Major General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200]
Good news.

But what happened to all the Mossies used in the movies "633 Squadron" and "Mosquito Squadron"?

Combattre, vaincre ou mourir (Fight, win or die)
Old 24 Jun 12, 07:03
First Lieutenant
UK

Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99] Scupio is on the path to success [1-99]
http://www.aeroplanemonthly.co.uk/ne...up-for-reunion

Further to my post about the Mosquito being rebuilt at York Museum.

Due to fire up its engines next weekend - hope to be there!
Old 24 Jun 12, 13:17
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scupio View Post
http://www.aeroplanemonthly.co.uk/ne...up-for-reunion

Further to my post about the Mosquito being rebuilt at York Museum.

Due to fire up its engines next weekend - hope to be there!
Really nice to see one of the old girl is about to fire up her engines once again! Thanks for sharing!.

Last edited by johnbryan; 24 Jun 12 at 16:22..
Old 24 Jun 12, 16:16
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300]
Great news!

-Matt

Fervently anti-Obama, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Screw Universal...give me Emma Watson, a copy of the "Kama Sutra", and a hotel suite in Vegas and I'll create my own "Harry Potter Experience".
Old 25 Jun 12, 10:18
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500]
G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500] G David Bock is a jewel in the rough [500]
Guess it has been nearly fifty years. Too bad no one thought to keep any of these going;
633 Squadron - the movie;
http://www.bing.com/movies/search/ov...ie&FORM=DTPSHA
wiki page;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/633_Squadron
Images;
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ovie&FORM=IGRE

Who controls the Spice, controls the Universe!
Old 25 Jun 12, 21:38
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300]
I saw that movie...not bad.

-Matt

Fervently anti-Obama, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Screw Universal...give me Emma Watson, a copy of the "Kama Sutra", and a hotel suite in Vegas and I'll create my own "Harry Potter Experience".

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!