HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 03 Mar 12, 18:37
General of the Forums
Pirate

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
Will do.
Cool-hope to see you in game, maybe today if I get on/you're on at the same time.
Old 03 Mar 12, 19:56
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I am in a clan called WKC_RT. Watch Keeper Corps Roling Thunder. It is a sub division of WKC. It is a great clan with a lot of fun guys that I have known for quite a while. And if any of you are interested in joining PM me. My username is Desert_Fox2.
Old 04 Mar 12, 14:38
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
I am in a clan called WKC_RT. Watch Keeper Corps Roling Thunder. It is a sub division of WKC. It is a great clan with a lot of fun guys that I have known for quite a while. And if any of you are interested in joining PM me. My username is Desert_Fox2.
Yeah I tried talking to you a few days ago but you didn't respond and so I started playing. When I checked the chat again I saw that you responded a few minutes later but by that time you were offline.
Old 04 Mar 12, 17:26
General of the Forums
Pirate

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Well I'm pretty happy because just yesterday I got a Pz III (tier IV) so of course that means that the next stop is the Pz III/IV, a tier V! Unfortunately there's some tough cookies it goes up against, so I haven't been able to use it to a whole lot of effect. Still, a lot of the modules have already been researched for it, via the Pz III A. The 5 cm gun, for example.

While in a training room for a new LETUM member with a couple others from the clan, I found that the 5 cm gun works well enough against Pz IV armor. I'm not sure how good/bad Pz IV armor is anyways, but...
Old 04 Mar 12, 18:26
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
Well I'm pretty happy because just yesterday I got a Pz III (tier IV) so of course that means that the next stop is the Pz III/IV, a tier V! Unfortunately there's some tough cookies it goes up against, so I haven't been able to use it to a whole lot of effect. Still, a lot of the modules have already been researched for it, via the Pz III A. The 5 cm gun, for example.

While in a training room for a new LETUM member with a couple others from the clan, I found that the 5 cm gun works well enough against Pz IV armor. I'm not sure how good/bad Pz IV armor is anyways, but...
Point blank the long 50mm gun works well enough against the flanks of Tier 5 heavies. From a distance you'll have trouble though.
Old 04 Mar 12, 22:47
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
Point blank the long 50mm gun works well enough against the flanks of Tier 5 heavies. From a distance you'll have trouble though.
Oh ok I didn't notice that there were two different 5 cm guns for it. Just took a looksie at the Tankopedia.

Also, would anyone suggest putting on the better turret? It does give extra frontal armor, but is the slight decrease in turret traverse speed all that important? I always have a slight bit of lag time when I turn my turret and such (just my computer), and sometimes I think that I would be able to shoot a fast enemy tank running perpendicular to me, if I didn't have the bit of lag.
Old 04 Mar 12, 22:58
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Oh ok I didn't notice that there were two different 5 cm guns for it. Just took a looksie at the Tankopedia.

Also, would anyone suggest putting on the better turret? It does give extra frontal armor, but is the slight decrease in turret traverse speed all that important? I always have a slight bit of lag time when I turn my turret and such (just my computer), and sometimes I think that I would be able to shoot a fast enemy tank running perpendicular to me, if I didn't have the bit of lag.
I typically upgrade everything, but that's just me.
Old 05 Mar 12, 10:37
Brigadier General
United_States

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Yeah I tried talking to you a few days ago but you didn't respond and so I started playing. When I checked the chat again I saw that you responded a few minutes later but by that time you were offline.
O you did? What's you user name? I do remember talking to someone that I didn't know. Then I had to leave right after that for some reason. If I don't respond it is because I am in a battle, or am looking at something else and haven't seen it.

A suggestion. With the lower tiers, you need to upgrade to get your next tank, or the things that you can research on that tank but buy on the next tank. It really saves time and xp.
Old 05 Mar 12, 10:40
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:

Well if you have to get a better gun but you have to research the turret first I would. And once you get into the higher tier games I would get a turret. If anything to add more armor to my tank to help me to sustain more hits.
Old 05 Mar 12, 12:11
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
O you did? What's you user name? I do remember talking to someone that I didn't know. Then I had to leave right after that for some reason. If I don't respond it is because I am in a battle, or am looking at something else and haven't seen it.

A suggestion. With the lower tiers, you need to upgrade to get your next tank, or the things that you can research on that tank but buy on the next tank. It really saves time and xp.
FM_von_Manstein.

Old 06 Mar 12, 10:53
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:

Quote:
I typically upgrade everything, but that's just me.
Quote:
Well if you have to get a better gun but you have to research the turret first I would. And once you get into the higher tier games I would get a turret. If anything to add more armor to my tank to help me to sustain more hits.
Don't worry I looked at the tree in game a while after posting and saw that of course you need to get the better turret to get the long 5 and 7.5 cm guns! I upgraded yesterday to the long 5 cm and it was an improvement over the short 5 of course, but this morning I upgraded to the 7.5 cm. Unfortunately, while I was able to snipe an enemy tank in two shots with it (I think it was a TD), I proceeded a minute later to get sniped by a genuine battery of artillery...I think a light tank or two damaged me, then an arty shot totally took out the suspension, and finally while I couldn't move and couldn't see the enemy, a couple more shots rained down

Seems like that always happen...you upgrade to the next thing and then don't get to use it much lol

Oh and Johnny_Reb, I keep forgetting to add you into my contacts, but I'm Super_Six_4
Old 16 Mar 12, 10:21
General of the Forums
Pirate

Well my garage has changed around quite a bit:

Pz III/IV, T-26, BT-7, M7 Priest, and M5 Stuart are all pretty new. I just got the T-26 so I could get to the KV and give it a try, and I got the M5 to get down to the Sherman Easy 8.
Old 16 Mar 12, 12:46
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Well my garage has changed around quite a bit:

Pz III/IV, T-26, BT-7, M7 Priest, and M5 Stuart are all pretty new. I just got the T-26 so I could get to the KV and give it a try, and I got the M5 to get down to the Sherman Easy 8.
The KV is awesome. Once it's Elite it's the king of it's tier, and can compete with tanks above it's tier too.
Old 16 Mar 12, 15:15
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
The KV is awesome. Once it's Elite it's the king of it's tier, and can compete with tanks above it's tier too.
Yeah, I've come across them numerous times in tanks that can't really compete with it and I might be able to damage it a little, but unless I hit it with an arty shell, it does very little if anything.

I've only played a couple games with the III/IV but I only played 2 games with the T-26 and got 4 kills in the first game, and 5 in the second! It's a beast so far...but of course a lot of the tier 1s and such I went across could barely hit me and seemed mentally challenged...
Old 15 Apr 12, 14:26
General of the Forums
Canada

Is anyone interested in making an ACG dedicated to playing Medium Tank Companies? We'd need KV-3s, VK 3601 (H)s, Grilles and T-50s.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!