StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion > The Wild West

Notices and Announcements

The Wild West Discussions on Cowboys & Indians, Mexican War, etc. Sponsored by Wild West magazine.

Old 04 Mar 12, 06:47
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Clint Eastwood. Ya, you heard it. Clint Eastwood. Josey Wales

FB 327 th ASD/ADD 165th Avn Grp RVN

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.

Old 04 Mar 12, 06:53
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanah View Post
The guy who played Maugua in the '92 "Last of The Mohicans"?
and was in Dances with Wolves

FB 327 th ASD/ADD 165th Avn Grp RVN

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.

Old 06 Jun 12, 22:32
Banned
United_States

ErichVonManstein is on the path to success [1-99] ErichVonManstein is on the path to success [1-99] ErichVonManstein is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadcar View Post
Considering looks (evil), bodily demeanor, harsh voice, and tenacity mine would definately have to be Lee Van Cleef! I also remember Dan Duryea playing a despicable coward who pushed an old lady in a wheel chair down a flight of stairs. Maybe he was a gangster in that one!
Dan Duryea was in an excellent Audie Murphy western as the bad guy I have seen a few times. I can't remember the name of the movie, because I love many of the Murphy westerns and I usually don't pay attention to the title, just the cast.

Dan Duryea was also in an episode of the TV series Daniel Boone, which I also loved, and his character in that was downright despicable. Great bad buy. Van Cleef to me is only a bad guy in the Good the Bad and the Ugly.
Old 06 Jun 12, 22:42
Banned
United_States

ErichVonManstein is on the path to success [1-99] ErichVonManstein is on the path to success [1-99] ErichVonManstein is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
Clint Eastwood. Ya, you heard it. Clint Eastwood. Josey Wales
I realize this is an old post Half Pint. But are you saying that Clint Eastwood was one of your favorite bad guys in a movie? If so, it doesn't matter to me if your issue with him is the Quantrill type argument. That I can understand.

If you claim that his character is a bad guy because he fought against the Union, then it is difficult for me to understand since I live in the South and I greatly admire my ancestry, whether here in America or back in Ireland or France, whatever the era in history. I am not ashamed of my heritage.
Old 25 Jan 13, 11:51
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

dgfred is simply cracking [600]
dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRJ View Post
Wes Studi. He's a full blood Cherokee from Oklahoma who spoke only Cherokee until he started grade school. He made his living as a horse trainer before he got into acting.

He's also a Vietnam combat vet: he was in the 9th Infantry Division in the Mekong Delta.

In an industry full of wannabe tough guy action heros, Studi is the real deal.
Excellent choice! You really wanted to get him .

Old 24 Feb 13, 10:53
First Lieutenant
United_States

mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
and was in Dances with Wolves

Wouldn't it have been great to have Wes play Blue Duck in Lonesome Dove?
Hard to find a worse bad gut then Blue Duck.
Old 17 Apr 13, 00:17
Gunnery Sergeant
Canada

SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99]
I think my favourite bad guy in western movies is Bruce Dern in "Hang Em High".
Maugua in "Last of the Mohicans" is just plain scarry!
Old 12 Dec 13, 19:45
General of the Forums
United_States

majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
Didn't read all nine pages of this thread, but Lee Marvin in "Cat Baleu (sp?)" was hallarious! I guess that you could lump that one as a semi musical comedy.

.... and then there was Jane (typical Viet Vet reaction.) Cute, but sawdust where there should have been brains.

GG
The longest sustained laughter that I have experienced in a movie theatre was while watching "Cat Baleu" and when Marvin walked into the house, sang happy birthday to the candles displayed around the body and blew them out. People laughed themselves sick and fell from their seats.

As for poor Jane? Yeah, I know.
Old 12 Dec 13, 19:46
General of the Forums
United_States

majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimike View Post
Wouldn't it have been great to have Wes play Blue Duck in Lonesome Dove?
Hard to find a worse bad gut then Blue Duck.
I agree!
Old 28 Apr 14, 20:07
Private
United_States

Grayhound is on the path to success [1-99]
Richard Boone as Cicero Grimes in "Hombre" - the consummate bully.
Old 29 Apr 14, 23:08
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Tascosa is on the path to success [1-99]
Palance in SHANE. In Euro Western:
Gian Volonte (as Indio) in, FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE.
Old 30 Apr 14, 12:31
Private
United_States

Palance surely conveyed soft spoken menace in that role.
Old 01 May 14, 07:51
General of the Forums
UK
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Old 01 May 14, 09:03
General
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500]
DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500]
Lee van cleef. Only bloke you could imagine pitchforking babies with a smile on his face.
Old 01 May 14, 12:37
Private
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKPLACE View Post
Lee van cleef. Only bloke you could imagine pitchforking babies with a smile on his face.
He clearly enjoyed his work
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!