HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Alternate Timelines > Science Fiction

Notices and Announcements

Science Fiction Science Fiction as a means to discuss "future history."

Old 27 Feb 12, 06:04
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
Kris,we both have way too many books and movies!
And we've both had our 2nd wife be a wife from hell,and found our soulmate the third time. Maybe it is third time lucky?
Aye - My Friend - So True.

My First Wife was damn good looking - but an awful person.
Also, one of those women who want to change everything about you,
once you marry them.
She had a five months old Babe, when I met her.
I married her because she was the first Girl who I ever even thought
WOULD marry me. Married her around four Months after I met her.

The Second Wife was awful in nearly every way - god knows
why I married her - I don't . She did seem to be a nice Lady at first -
and for the times when I was waiting for my Divorce.
Then when I married her - what a change !!
She had three children - two of which were just endless trouble.

MORE Bad News - there were not TWELVE Big Boxes of Videos - there were SIXTEEN Big Boxes of Videos - still have to move another TWELVE next weekend.
Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation
Old 28 Feb 12, 13:34
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
I feel for you mate. Would you rather take my depositions and I move your boxes?
Old 28 Feb 12, 17:26
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
I feel for you mate. Would you rather take my depositions and I move your boxes?
Nah - don't worry My Friend - we will get there soon, and then we can rest from it all. Karen is helping me - she even carries some of the boxes for me - I am just getting OLD it seems.
Yeh - third time lucky alright - Karen is an absolute Darling - Honest.
Old 28 Feb 12, 21:59
General of the Forums
United_States

Yep my Callie is a sweetheart too. She runs me.
Old 29 Feb 12, 14:29
General of the Forums
United_States

Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Reminds me of "Right on the Money" by Alan Jackson...something like "...I can't argue when she says I couldn't last 10 minutes without her"
Old 29 Feb 12, 14:40
General of the Forums
United_States

No Andrew,I couldn't. Simple as that.
Old 29 Feb 12, 16:31
General of the Forums
United_States

Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
No Andrew,I couldn't. Simple as that.
Old 29 Feb 12, 17:04
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Quote:

Old 29 Feb 12, 20:04
General of the Forums
United_States

The last few months,I don't know where I'd be without her.
Old 17 Mar 12, 17:50
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Riiight - Game Stuff

At The Moment - Re: Attica Dominion

Attica System
We are getting the Planet Argos expanded and developed - still loads of room for development
Ithica has reached its Max. Population.
We have a lot of Asteroid Bases, both built and building.
Some further expansions on the outer-most Planets - but not a lot more.

Exelcis System
In this Asteroid System - there are several Expansions, Asteroid Bases and developments underway, but not much more is intended in the near future.

Wyandot System
In this Asteroid System - there are several Expansions, Asteroid Bases and developments underway, but not much more is intended in the near future.

Pascali System

Dannica System
The one Habitable Planet, Tundria now is at Max. Population.
Here we may develop more Defences and Bases, mostly on Moons and Asteroids - and Mining Bases.

Dragon System
Both the Planet Vyseria and the Planet Ordowiccia have only been lightly developed.
These will need to be developed much more fully - and extensive Defences will need to be built.

Omega System
The Planet Arrakine is developing - but new Cities, Shipyards and Defences will need to be built here, and the Eco-System will need to be further developed.
The Planet Panthalassa has barely been developed - here new Sea Cities will need to be developed, including Floating Cities, Artificial Reefs, Artificial Atols. This has almost no Defences - so extensive Defences will need to be built.
The Planet Piscemund has not even been Colonised at all - we may need to being Colonising this Planet.

Other Systems.

In the Omicron System -
Attica is developing the Planet Xin Shijie ( Om II ), which will involve extensive Atmosphere conversion and building an Eco-System. The Bases include new Defences. This work will continue.
On the Planet Orienta - Attica is looking to undertake the construction of extensive Thermadomes for Food Production - and to build new Cities, Towns, Industries, and also Crop Growing Areas. Orienta will also need to have new Defences built.

In the Stigma System -
On the Planet Creatia - Attica is developing Cities, Towns, Vilages, Food Production Areas, Oases, Forests and a whole new Land Eco-System. It is also building (wet ) Ports and Docks, and (wet ) Shipbuilding Facilities. These works will continue. Defences will need to be built for this Planet.

In the Iota System -
On the Planet Jinx - Attica has built some Defensive Bases, and also Prisons and Penal Colonies. Attica is planning to undertake the expansion here to create new Colony Areas - with a number of Cities and Towns, and Agricultral Areas. A large number of additional Defences will need to be built on this Planet, and in the Iota System.
Sponsored Links

Old 18 Mar 12, 21:41
General of the Forums
United_States

I'm sure Solean wet ship builders can head up wet shipyards, docks, ships, etc.

Also, I know it was discussed a long time ago (Sol heading wet ship stuff there); same with a wet navy. I'm thinking that large battleship-like vessels could mount both anti-ground, anti-air, and heavy anti-air...or more like anti-space! Ideally, a number of light railguns would be mounted for use in light anti-space planetary defense. Or, they could be used as a 3-in-1! Larger railguns for the big guns, then scale them down, sorta like a WWII battleship with 16", 5", 40 mm, etc (although I'm not sure what caliber these railguns would be). But all could be used for anti-ground, air, or space.
Old 19 Mar 12, 08:50
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
I'm sure Solean wet ship builders can head up wet shipyards, docks, ships, etc.

Also, I know it was discussed a long time ago (Sol heading wet ship stuff there); same with a wet navy. I'm thinking that large battleship-like vessels could mount both anti-ground, anti-air, and heavy anti-air...or more like anti-space! Ideally, a number of light railguns would be mounted for use in light anti-space planetary defense. Or, they could be used as a 3-in-1! Larger railguns for the big guns, then scale them down, sorta like a WWII battleship with 16", 5", 40 mm, etc (although I'm not sure what caliber these railguns would be). But all could be used for anti-ground, air, or space.
All agreed - Solean wet Ship Builders will be welcome on Creatia - good ideas, this Planet is being developed, and Sol will be most welcome to participate.
Yes - wet Ships for Planetary Defence, and to prevent any Invasion. As per your ideas - all agreed.

ATM Attica has only undertaken development on the large "desert island" where the Fremen are.
There is one Military Base on an Island, with wet Shipyards for building modern Ships - and on the coastal plains of a nearby Continent, a developing eco-system, with North African people building wooden ( wet ) Boats for supplying Food to the Fremen on the coast of the large island.
Other Islands and Continents have not been explored.
The only proviso is to take care not to damage or risk damaging the Brown Algae ( Seaweed ) growing on the surface of the Seas - as this still provides some 70% of the food for the Fremen.
Old 20 Mar 12, 00:16
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakris View Post
All agreed - Solean wet Ship Builders will be welcome on Creatia - good ideas, this Planet is being developed, and Sol will be most welcome to participate.
Yes - wet Ships for Planetary Defence, and to prevent any Invasion. As per your ideas - all agreed.

ATM Attica has only undertaken development on the large "desert island" where the Fremen are.
There is one Military Base on an Island, with wet Shipyards for building modern Ships - and on the coastal plains of a nearby Continent, a developing eco-system, with North African people building wooden ( wet ) Boats for supplying Food to the Fremen on the coast of the large island.
Other Islands and Continents have not been explored.
The only proviso is to take care not to damage or risk damaging the Brown Algae ( Seaweed ) growing on the surface of the Seas - as this still provides some 70% of the food for the Fremen.
Ok, we'll have to figure out how to preserve their food. It being on the surface does complicate the possibility of a wet navy. If we can't have such large ships, the only other alternative that I can think of is to have oil rig-like defense platforms in the ocean, however we could have the same things on land instead. So the wet navy idea might have to be benched for a while.

Now here's an unrelated thought, and I thought I'd post it here since it's just kind of musing...

...Now that I've decreed a sort of open door policy with ground forces, there'd be a constant flow of recruits. How will we keep track of how many men we have? I know I should currently have 8 official Naval Infantry Regiments of 30,000 each, so that's 240,000 in all. That doesn't count the four(?) regiments each of Naval Infantry Guards and Solean Guards, bringing the total amount of Sol's ground forces to 480,000. Not sure about Attica, Oriental resistance, or Leeth and Kogroth. I could just plan "the next X amount of recruits will be in Regiments Y through Z," but then I'd keep having to do that constantly. I know the population could allow for millions of soldiers, which is why I declared that they're all welcome (if they're fit for service of course). I'm thinking that the first "goal" would be 1,000,000 Naval Infantrymen, in roughly 33 Regiments. These would be spread out through Sol, Theta, etc along with any other ground forces in Phoenix control. I'll ask Attica what their aims are, ground force size-wize. I'm willing to make that 1 million Phoenix infantrymen in general (not just Solean Naval Infantry), but Sol certainly seems more gung-ho about it

Anyways, just my thoughts.
Old 20 Mar 12, 08:36
Lieutenant General
Pirate

For your Information - Re: Attican Ground Forces.

Currently Recruited and Training are the following -

Infantry Regiments / Brigades - each 2,500 men - comprising 3 Battalions of 500 each, plus Support and Ancilliaries.

Infantry - 16 Regiments / Brigades - 40,000 men.

Armour - 11 Batalions of 900 men each - 10,000 men.

Artillery - 11 Battalions of 900 men each - 10,000 men.

"A.A." ( combined Anti Atmosphere and Anti Space Attack )
- 11 Battalions of 900 men each - 10,000 men.

Air Guards - a Wing comprises 6 Squadrons of Atmosphere Craft each.

Air Guards - 13 Air Wings - 15,600 men.

These were all started in December 2137 - so they have been training for some 2 Months.
It is expected that their Training will be complete after 6 Months -
late May 2138.

Future plans - A LOT MORE Troops of all kinds.

Attica Dominion has a total Population which is exceeding 20 Billion People.

We COULD Recruit and Train some 40 Million Men into Ground Forces ( there are some 10 Million in all of the other Armed Forces ).
However - providing Arms and Equipment for some 40 Million Men would be a major problem.
Old 20 Mar 12, 10:55
General of the Forums
United_States

Right-much like the US when it entered World War I-a ton of men enlisted, and few American Springfield rifles were issued-they used British M1917 Enfields. I want to say that the M1903s went to some Marines though, but not sure.

So for all of Attica's forces I count 85,600?

For purely "Infantry" (meaning Naval Infantry) and direct combat fighters, it looks like a total of 530,000. That includes Solean Naval Infantry, Naval Infantry Guards, Guards, Attican Infantry, and armor.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!