HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion

Notices and Announcements

General Gaming Discussion Discussion of gaming subjects that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 08 Feb 12, 01:36
Private
United_States

cocohuang is on the path to success [1-99]
Top 12 Most Anticipated Games of 2012

1. DOTA 2

2. DIABLO III

More Games: http://news.bbgsite.com/content/2012...f-2012_1.shtml
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 13 Feb 12, 22:50
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil 5.
Old 14 Feb 12, 03:49
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Mass Effect 3.

Homer

BoRG
Old 14 Feb 12, 10:46
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
Right now, the PC game I am most looking forward to is Warlock: Master of the Arcane.

Old 18 Feb 12, 07:15
First Sergeant
United_States

Kahless is on the path to success [1-99] Kahless is on the path to success [1-99] Kahless is on the path to success [1-99]
In no particular order:

1.) Crusader Kings 2 (yes, I realize it's out now, but it would've been on my list had I remembered to post this earlier)

2.) StarDrive

3.) Elemental: Fallen Enchantress

4.) Legends of Pegasus

5.) Horizon
Old 18 Feb 12, 15:04
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
I don't recall when it is supposed to be released, but I am going to wait for the 40K MMO game to go live before jumping into something new.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

Old 19 Feb 12, 05:33
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award 

Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300]
DnD 5e . . just kidding since most know WoTC will find a way to muck up the brand even further.

I think I'll just stick with my copies of 1e and OSRIC.
Old 19 Feb 12, 17:00
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybriar View Post
Right now, the PC game I am most looking forward to is Warlock: Master of the Arcane.

Thanks for posting that vid. I've been hearing nothing but good things about the preview build of this game.

After watching that vid, I have to say that I am struck by how similar it is to Elemental. The game uses food, gold and mana just like Elemental. It even has event notifications drop down on the right side of the screen like Elemental. All things considered, it seems like Elemental 2.0.

However, I will say that it already looks more interesting than Elemental. I really like the siege mechanic, for example. Also, the world seems more interesting to explore, unlike Elemental's samey-same drab world.

I am interested to see how this game will compare to the completed Fallen Enchantress.
Old 19 Feb 12, 18:25
General of the Forums
United_States

Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200]
Can't say I've been looking forward to any games this year...now I'd like to get Battlefield 3 and one or two others, but those are already out. I'm pretty happy with Skyrim as it is.
Old 20 Feb 12, 00:47
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99]
Well, now that Crusader Kings 2 is out, I would have to say the remaining titles are:

1) Wargame: European Escalation
2) Blacklight: Retribution
3) Planetside 2
4) Sins: Rebellion
5) Starfarer
6) Otherland
7) Miner Wars 2081
8) X Rebirth
Sponsored Links

Old 23 Feb 12, 06:19
Recruit
United_States

rickflair786 is a balanced individual [0]
Top anticipated games are BioShock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, The Last Guardian, Halo 4, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Final Fantasy XIII-2 etc.
Old 24 Feb 12, 06:52
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100]
just an FYI - a bunch of us are hanging out over a www.grogheads.com/forums/ these days.

You guys are all welcome to come on over and join us!

Lots of game discussions, and a lot of other stuff, too. But we're trying to keep the focus on games first, and especially wargames

We're working up the front page of the site to get the 'real' content loaded, so bear with us while that's in progress.
Old 24 Feb 12, 14:36
General of the Forums
United_States

Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayonetBrant View Post
just an FYI - a bunch of us are hanging out over a www.grogheads.com/forums/ these days.

You guys are all welcome to come on over and join us!

Lots of game discussions, and a lot of other stuff, too. But we're trying to keep the focus on games first, and especially wargames

We're working up the front page of the site to get the 'real' content loaded, so bear with us while that's in progress.
Can't wait till I turn 18.

That didn't sound odd at all.
Old 09 Apr 12, 01:02
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
AC III

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 09 Apr 12, 07:14
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington95 View Post
AC III
Asheron's Call III?

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!