HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 10 Feb 12, 22:19
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
De-stressing with Field Commander Napoleon. A quite large battle in Savona is about to be joined.
Pic is from BGG - not my desk.

Old 21 Feb 12, 04:20
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300]
Getting ready to start a play by Post game using the OSRIC (1e AD&D) rules and a shiny new 1st Level Human Thief.
Attached Images
File Type: png OSRIC-record-sheet_GG_01.png (144.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png OSRIC-record-sheet_GG_02.png (163.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 21 Feb 12, 17:39
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

StellarRat is on the path to success [1-99] StellarRat is on the path to success [1-99]
We've been playing Axis and Allies 1942 during lunch at work.
Old 23 Feb 12, 20:03
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Can't find a partner for ASL Friday evening. So I may try to get in an hour or two of Field Commander Rommel.

According to my campaign score from FC Napoleon last week, where I got sucker punched in 1798, the glorious name of Napoleon will be remembered for oh... about 50 years.
Old 09 Mar 12, 14:46
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Combat Engineer has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Going back to my favorite area. 1980's WP vs Nato. This is a hybrid of two game system. Victory Games Flashpoint Golan provides the system and rules. SPI's Central Front provides the maps and situation. A dedicated war-gamer with excellent graphic skills provided the counter images to be used to make the counter.

This is the northern theater, using the BAOR and North German Plain maps from the SPI Central Front and it's relative from 3W's S&T.
I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. - Gen J. D. Ripper
Sponsored Links

Old 14 Apr 12, 03:34
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Just got in from playing an ASLSK scenario from Special Ops #2.

Here's the last few games I've played. I've been pretty busy so it's mostly slow solitaire games.

Old 16 Apr 12, 14:31
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
Just got in from playing an ASLSK scenario from Special Ops #2.

Here's the last few games I've played. I've been pretty busy so it's mostly slow solitaire games.

Are there any non-ASL games in the new issue of Special Ops?
Old 17 Apr 12, 00:58
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDeFranco View Post
Are there any non-ASL games in the new issue of Special Ops?
It wasn't my copy so all I saw was the scenario we played. But here is the MMP spiel.
http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Pr...4/Default.aspx

Quote:
Issue #2 of Special Ops features 36 pages of articles and analysis, a brand new game, and four ASL/ASLSK scenarios!

New Game:
Ukraine ’44: Ukraine ‘44 is a simulation game that focuses on one of the pivotal moments of the Soviet Winter Offensive in Ukraine in 1943 and 1944. Over the course of a week, the Axis 1st Panzer Army was cut off and encircled by strong Soviet forces of the 1st and 2nd Ukrainian Fronts and like its brothers at Stalingrad and Korsun, expected to be destroyed. In what would called the battle of the Kamenets-Podolsky Pocket (or Hube’s Pocket), the Germans would fight and claw their way out and finally escape. Hube’s successful operation to escape encirclement is still studied to this day as a model of how to breakout from a pocket.

ASL/ASLSK Scenarios:
ASL O3 - A Frosty Morning: Tunisia, 1 December 1942, British vs. Axis
ASL O4 - Ain't Running Away: France, 7 August 1944, American vs. German
ASLSK S39 - Use Your Tanks and Shove: Tunisia, 3 February 1943, American vs. German
ASLSK S40 – Island Retreat: Italy, 30 January 1944, American vs. German

Articles
The second issue of Special Ops is jam-packed with strategy and analysis articles for many of MMP's fine games, including: Bravery in the Sand, ASL, ASL Starter Kit, SCS The Mighty Endevor, and GCACW series. You'll also find a Dutch SASL campaign, and a regular feature covering many folks associated with MMP.
Old 18 Apr 12, 21:39
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Old 19 Apr 12, 16:40
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
It wasn't my copy so all I saw was the scenario we played. But here is the MMP spiel.
http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Pr...4/Default.aspx
Thanks for the link.
Old 19 May 12, 03:16
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Just got in from playing the Advanced Squad Leader scenario - Cutting Off A Hydra's Head.

Old 24 May 12, 07:59
Sergeant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

GJK is on the path to success [1-99]
Duncan's playlist looks like mine as of late, including Up Front which I'm finally getting into after all these years.

I have a copy of thd UK'44 OP's as well- have you tried UK'44? I like Starkweather's Japanese developed and imported game conversions (Fire in the Sky and Rage Against the Marines are great examples).

The Proving Grounds
Old 25 May 12, 04:00
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJK View Post
Duncan's playlist looks like mine as of late, including Up Front which I'm finally getting into after all these years.

I have a copy of thd UK'44 OP's as well- have you tried UK'44? I like Starkweather's Japanese developed and imported game conversions (Fire in the Sky and Rage Against the Marines are great examples).
I'm not familiar with the issues you quote. The scenario was ownded by my opponent.

We play an Up Front tournament every November. I decided I would play it a bit this year. I always end up having to relearn it the day or two before the convention. I hate doing it rushed like that.
Old 15 Jul 12, 03:34
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100]
Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100]
Star Trek Klingon Monopoly

This weekend, my friend pulled out her brand new Monopoly game and we played it. I haven't played Monopoly in years. This Star Trek Klingon version is pretty darn fun!

It’s monopoly done up in a Klingon theme with special game pieces and a new board and cards. They have the coolest game pcs like the Klingon bird of prey.

She also bought this game...

We are currently reading the instructions...

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Old 15 Jul 12, 21:06
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!