HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 19 Aug 11, 08:51
Lieutenant Colonel
Kenya
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Dark Age Fantasy Campaign Begins

Welcome to my Dark Age Fantasy Campaign taking place on my blog 'The Command Tent'. The campaign will follow Harlin Osoufson and his oath sworn friend Assur in their quest for glory, riches and revenge. The campaign will be loosely based on the Dark Age conflicts between the Vikings and Saxons but will perhaps include some fantasy elements down the road. I say this so no one will be under the impression that this will be completely historically accurate.

The campaign will not be taking place in a historical location but rather in an imagined world similar to our own. I may or may not flesh out this world. That will be decided as the campaign progresses. The campaign will be played mostly solo and with the hope that the battles and dice rolling tell an entertaining story.

I have a page on my blog dedicated to the campaign on my blog which contains links to character bios, rules, and battle reports.

You can see the Campaign opening with a small skirmish in a battle called Harlin's Revenge. I hope you take a look and please feel free to leave comments, questions and feedback for me.

Thanks, Dan
http://thecommandtent.blogspot.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Revenge AAR 1.jpg (256.1 KB, 7 views)

Thanks for looking!!
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 19 Aug 11, 09:56
Major General
Poland
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300]
Hey SoccerDJ,

Looks amazing! I will be stopping by to follow the progress. How often do you plan on updating the game's progress?
Old 19 Aug 11, 11:14
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Interesting. I can't wait to see how it develops.
Old 20 Aug 11, 08:37
Lieutenant Colonel
Kenya
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBlade View Post
Interesting. I can't wait to see how it develops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter3 View Post
Hey SoccerDJ,

Looks amazing! I will be stopping by to follow the progress. How often do you plan on updating the game's progress?

Thanks guys! I do not have a set schedule to update my progress as it will be as I paint more figures and build/buy terrain. However, I will post here again when I do update the progress.

Thanks for looking!!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!