StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > The Art of Battle

Notices and Announcements

The Art of Battle All discussion of The Art of Battle - Power Point Maps is encouraged here. Visit the Website.

Old 11 May 09, 12:37
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99]
Welcome!

This is the forum for all things related to The Art of Battle website's content and battle animations in general.

If you have any questions intended for me directly, do not hesitate to e-mail me at jonwebb4290@hotmail.com.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 11 May 09, 14:04
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Congrats on getting your site hosted on ACG!

I've enjoyed your stuff since I joined the forums.
Old 12 May 09, 00:18
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate View Post
Congrats on getting your site hosted on ACG!

I've enjoyed your stuff since I joined the forums.
Ditto for me!
Old 12 May 09, 08:57
Sergeant
United_States

CATO1948 is on the path to success [1-99] CATO1948 is on the path to success [1-99]
Looks like great stuff. Keep up the excellent work.
Old 12 May 09, 10:33
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Jim H. Moreno has disabled reputation
Welcome! If you need any help marketing the site across the inter-webs, let me know.
Old 12 May 09, 11:18
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99]
Thank you Jim. I'd be interested to speak with you about that.

At this point my marketing efforts are going to focus on youtube; recording the animations in a continuous video format with verbal narrations.

E-mail me at jonwebb4290@hotmail.com and tell me what you think
Old 12 May 09, 14:42
General of the Forums
Romania
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Imperial is simply cracking [600]
Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600]
I've downloaded the battle of Gaugamela.

My feedback - during the battle animation it is impossible to follow both the small and lengthy text and the animation. It would be much better in my opinion if you would include on the "battle map" the description of the unit symbols you used in the animation and if you would use a shorter "events text", maybe like in chess. You know, something brief like "Greek cavalry attacks Persian right flank; Greeks deploy infantry reserves; Persian infantry moves against Greek center".

Thus, one could watch the animation while being aware of the units involved and able to get a brief but to the point description of what goes on.
Old 13 May 09, 13:40
Staff Sergeant
Canada

The logic behind this is to show the viewer not only what happened but why the commander chose to do such and such. Even so, this is my own personal preference and I appreciate yours. In the near future I will be creating simpler, free-flowing video files of all animations. Perhaps this will be of better use to you and others.
Old 01 Nov 09, 15:39
Major
United_States

dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99]
I have to appologize, my connection is not the fastest (hope to correct that someday), but I liked it. Good job...
Old 01 Nov 09, 22:28
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Congratulations Johnathan.....looks great....

Sponsored Links

Old 21 Jan 11, 00:42
Recruit
Canada

EdgeR44 is a balanced individual [0]
I just would like to congratulate you on the great job that you do animating battles. I only found out about it today and have really enjoyed it so far!
I really like the details you provide as well as honest attempts to be as reasonable and neutral as possible about portraying battles.

Keep up the great work!
Old 23 Jan 11, 21:39
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Qymaen is on the path to success [1-99] Qymaen is on the path to success [1-99]
Love your PowerPoints! Big fan, big fan!
Old 15 Mar 11, 16:13
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Thanks EdgeR44 and Qymaen!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!