StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 09 Nov 10, 06:41
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100]
Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100]
STD App for your cellphone...

Wow! I don't even know what to say about this except..YUCK!

Quote:
STD Test? There's an App for That

November 8, 2010 | 1:16 p.m

British health officials are hard at work on a new app that will allow users to pee into their cell phones and find out within minutes if they have an STD.
Seriously, we could not make this stuff up if we tried.
According to The Guardian, 4 million have been invested in the UK Clinical Research Collaboration, which is creating a smartphone app that will allow users, "to put urine or saliva on to a computer chip about the size of a USB chip, plug it into their phone or computer and receive a diagnosis within minutes."

The techno-savvy approached is aimed at young brits, who apparently are too embarrased to visit the doctor face to face and have been experiencing rising rates of STDs (or STIs if you prefer.)
"Your mobile phone can be your mobile doctor. It diagnoses whether you've got one of a range of STIs, such as chlamydia or gonorrhea and tells you where to go next to get treatment," Dr Tariq Sadiq, a senior lecturer and consultant physician in sexual health and HIV at St George's, University of London, who is leading the project, told The Guardian.
If it's really that simple, why wait till after the deed is done? Wouldn't it make more sense for prospective partners to swap fluids before hand, get a reading on their cell phones, and then decide whether or not to "finish the download"?

Link to article

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Last edited by Persephone; 09 Nov 10 at 16:09..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 09 Nov 10, 07:30
General of the Forums
Wales
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
We'll all be carrying one of these soon .

Old 09 Nov 10, 08:50
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500]
SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
We'll all be carrying one of these soon .

Already here in the form of the PDA, I Phone, Android, and other internet enabled devices with cameras, bluetooth, WiFi, GPS locators, and storage media. The wireless attachments with apps would be easy to add.

Soon, they will be recording and informing Big Brother if you are taking your Meds as prescribed.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6A754720101108
Old 09 Nov 10, 09:30
Captain
South_Africa

MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100] MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100] MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100] MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100] MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100] MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100] MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100] MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100] MeenMutha has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I am a techno junkie, I admit it, and I love technology, not just the gadgets but the way its improved our lives. Now, I would not want to pee into my phone for any type of testing, thanks, not if I have to put against my ear to take a call again, but I would love an app that would do a breathalyser for me, so that before I hopped into my car, or indeed, before I left the bar, I could see if there was still capacity for another one, or maybe just stay and get a taxi home. that would be a great App.
Old 09 Nov 10, 09:45
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
4 million have been invested!

Old 09 Nov 10, 10:55
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Lucky 6 nails it. Double quadruple facepalm.

Wasted money.

Persephone also nails it.

I can see us all down at the local bar. Suddenly Les Brains realizes he has to make a phone call. He turns to Nichols and asks if he can borrow his cell phone.

Then he pauses.

"That wasn't the one you peed in yesterday was it?"

D'oh!

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.
Old 09 Nov 10, 11:02
Sergeant Major
United_States

Pyle's Heroes is on the path to success [1-99] Pyle's Heroes is on the path to success [1-99] Pyle's Heroes is on the path to success [1-99] Pyle's Heroes is on the path to success [1-99] Pyle's Heroes is on the path to success [1-99]
I just heard on the radio this morning that the rate of STD's is climbing in teens aged 15-19. Those dirty buggers will be the one's using this app the most I think. I'm sure if you've got herpes or crabs or whatever, peeing on your phone is the least of your worries. But Hells Bells, go see a friggin' doctor for the love of Christ!
Old 09 Nov 10, 12:54
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBlade View Post
Lucky 6 nails it. Double quadruple facepalm.

Wasted money.

Persephone also nails it.

I can see us all down at the local bar. Suddenly Les Brains realizes he has to make a phone call. He turns to Nichols and asks if he can borrow his cell phone.

Then he pauses.

D'oh!
Worse yet, he borrows the phone, says "Thanks, buddy, and promptly pees into it himself!

It will give a whole new meaning to the expression "Call me."
Old 09 Nov 10, 13:38
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
So, you're in a pub having had a few pints when your best mate says, "Could I use your cell phone?" Thinking he needs to call his better half you hand him the phone & before you know what's happening he's standing up pissing in it. Now, I ask you, which one of you is the fool?
Old 09 Nov 10, 13:40
Lieutenant General
United_States

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Yeah, well, hangin' around Nichols in a bar is the first mistake, but I've been know to make a few mistakes in my life...

Sponsored Links

Old 09 Nov 10, 14:18
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Kind of begs the question of why a guy needs such an app in the first place, though.

If you need your cell phone to tell you that you have a problem with your plumbing, you have much bigger problems as well.
Old 09 Nov 10, 16:02
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBlade View Post

Then he pauses.

One of the funniest posts I've had the honor of laughing at. How can something that you pee in, and also put to your face be sanitary in any way, shape, or form? We need to work on fixing stupid first.
Old 09 Nov 10, 16:16
General of the Forums
United_States

Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100]
Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100] Persephone is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeenMutha View Post
I am a techno junkie, I admit it, and I love technology, not just the gadgets but the way its improved our lives. Now, I would not want to pee into my phone for any type of testing, thanks, not if I have to put against my ear to take a call again, but I would love an app that would do a breathalyzer for me, so that before I hopped into my car, or indeed, before I left the bar, I could see if there was still capacity for another one, or maybe just stay and get a taxi home. that would be a great App.

LG beat you to the idea. (LG LP4100)

I think it's a great idea, I'm sure it cuts down on DUIs.

http://blog.wize.com/my_weblog/2009/...lg-lp4100.html

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Old 09 Nov 10, 16:20
General of the Forums
United_States

This could be the greatest excuse if you do not want to loan your phone to someone.

Just tell them it's been peed on before.

Old 09 Nov 10, 17:13
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
This could be the greatest excuse if you do not want to loan your phone to someone.

Just tell them it's been peed on before.

Ladies: How do you know your boyfriend has been messing around behind your back?

He won't loan you his phone until he gets a new one.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!