StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Latin America & the Caribbean > Haiti

Notices and Announcements

Haiti Jan 2010 Earthquake in Haiti. .

Closed Thread

Old 12 Feb 10, 13:00
General of the Forums
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800]
At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSouL View Post
Oh man, At Ease, seriously ... the image you give from yourself if one of a total wussy who looks at his feet everytime a tough guy crosses your way! Man up!

Thats the attitude I'd expect from some born-again, who due to some incident in his early life, is totally scared from what he hears in the news; and feels himself being preyed upon at every corner he turns. Grow some balls ffs! This is just plain hurtful to read!
Do you have anything to say about the thread matter being discussed, or are you only capable of personal attacks? And I am not a "born again". I was baptised and raised as a Catholic. I have always been the way I am.

On "Manning up" - by Rudyard Kipling.
http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_if.htm

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Last edited by At ease; 12 Feb 10 at 13:41..
Old 12 Feb 10, 15:12
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
At Ease,you said that most Harley owners are criminals.Now you are trying to adjust your arguement that criminals that ride motorcycles all ride Harleys.But that's not the arguement.Look,you're among friends here.There's no embarassment in admitting you made a dopey statement.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 12 Feb 10, 15:40
Brigadier General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by At ease View Post
This is what I said (in post #5):
"It's an aspirational brand. But only those who aspire to following a life of crime, or who endorses the "gang" lifestyle, would want to own one."
Ah At Ease, there's a HUGE fallacy there. Just because all As are Bs, it does not follow that all Bs are As. Like (in so far as this works), all medical malpracticers are doctors, but not all doctors are guilty of medical malpractice.

I would never ride a motorcycle, but if I was, and wanted style, I'd pick a Harley in a heartbeat. That I might be criminally inclined has nothing to do with it. I'd want a crotch rocket to escape the cops if that were the case.
Old 12 Feb 10, 16:19
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300]
If I were your high school teacher and you handed in a paper with that kind of glaring logical fallacy, I would have stopped reading immediately, and placed a big fat 'F' on top of your paper and tell you to write a new paper.

There's a big market for well-off mid-life crisis men who go out and buy Harley's. I think they're douchebags because they're just weekend riders who go around without helmets so the wind and debris is all in their faces causing them to move slowly and **** me off. But they're not criminals. Lawyers (not personal injury lawyers), dentists, business owners, yes, but outlaw motorcycle gang members? BIG Emphatic NO!

Oh yes, a lot of these 'gangs' you may be worried about are just weekend or springtime riders who form clubs because there is safety in numbers when inexperienced and on motorcycles. That safety is not necessarily from OMGs but from motorists in trucks and cars who might miss seeing a lone motor-cyclist but will certainly notice a huge pack of them (and thus avoid hitting any one of them).
Old 12 Feb 10, 16:35
General of the Forums
France
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
If I were your high school teacher and you handed in a paper with that kind of glaring logical fallacy, I would have stopped reading immediately, and placed a big fat 'F' on top of your paper and tell you to write a new paper.

There's a big market for well-off mid-life crisis men who go out and buy Harley's. I think they're douchebags because they're just weekend riders who go around without helmets so the wind and debris is all in their faces causing them to move slowly and **** me off. But they're not criminals. Lawyers (not personal injury lawyers), dentists, business owners, yes, but outlaw motorcycle gang members? BIG Emphatic NO!

Oh yes, a lot of these 'gangs' you may be worried about are just weekend or springtime riders who form clubs because there is safety in numbers when inexperienced and on motorcycles. That safety is not necessarily from OMGs but from motorists in trucks and cars who might miss seeing a lone motor-cyclist but will certainly notice a huge pack of them (and thus avoid hitting any one of them).
You hit the nail on the head. I think it funny at a dealership you can see 8 year old Harleys, all cromed out with every aftermarket thing you can imagine, with less than 10K on the odometer.

And MCs leave "civilians" alone - unless of course you instigate something, in which case you probably deserve the beating.

In fact in several cases you might see several motorcycles riding together, and it is possible the people don't even know each other, sometimes people that see other bikes on the road start riding in groups for that safety factor.
Old 12 Feb 10, 16:44
Corporal
EU

DarkSouL is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
And I am not a "born again". I was baptised and raised as a Catholic. I have always been the way I am.
Great! Right what I wanted to hear.
If so, start practicing and stop with:

- The Slander.
- Distorting the truth

Thank you.
Old 12 Feb 10, 16:47
General of the Forums
Australia

At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800]
Still no one is prepared to answer the question that I have asked a number of times - that being what is the brand of motor cycle used by criminal motorcycle gangs?

Old 12 Feb 10, 16:53
General of the Forums
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSouL View Post
Great! Right what I wanted to hear.
If so, start practicing and stop with:

- The Slander.
- Distorting the truth

Thank you.
Again, nothing to contribute except more personal attacks.

Old 12 Feb 10, 16:54
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Still no one is prepared to answer the question that I have asked a number of times - that being what is the brand of motor cycle used by criminal motorcycle gangs?
Jesus Murphy, at ease. Give it a rest. So what if some criminals "aspire" to own a Harley-Davidson? Your point that therefore: "only those who aspire to following a life of crime, or who endorses the "gang" lifestyle, would want to own one" is erroneous - both as a statement of logic and as a statement of fact. Move on to something else.

Old 12 Feb 10, 17:05
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
..in Boston yesterday, a gang did a drive by from a minivan...

Old 12 Feb 10, 17:34
Corporal
EU

Quote:
On "Manning up" - by Rudyard Kipling.
http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_if.htm
Just came to read the poem, couldn't do so before because of time constraints.
Nice find ... if that's how you feel a man should be, i definitly can agree with that.

BUT ... if the reason you placed that link in your response was to point to yourself as being a man, and having those mentioned traits.... I fear to dissapoint you, since your actions certainly don't adjust to that ideal.

The suggestion of restraining yourself of slandering and lying was, as a matter of fact, no personal attack; simply some genuine advise. But alas, do what pleases you.

Last edited by DarkSouL; 12 Feb 10 at 17:36..
Old 12 Feb 10, 17:44
Corporal
EU

Quote:
Counter-question:

From all pedophiles around the whooole dark world, which religion do they most often embrace? That makes which religious followers specially propense for child raping?

See the fallacy now? Games like this can be played from all sides, and the results are always the same .... bull
Old 12 Feb 10, 18:26
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Well that was pointless.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Closed Thread

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!