HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > First Person Shooters

Notices and Announcements

First Person Shooters For FPS games of all types and for all platforms.

Old 13 May 09, 02:26
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Left 4 Dead

Suprised there hasn't been a thread about this yet.

The game is fraking fantastic, if you havn't played it yet.

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 13 May 09 at 02:29..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 13 May 09, 11:19
Brigadier General
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
There already is a thread but yeah, excellent game.
Old 13 May 09, 20:06
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99]
Game is great. I love survivor mode...

steam account name is Drakaski (Game nickname is Tankobite) but I'm heading to Korea and then Kazakhstan for the rest of the summer on Sunday...
Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.
Old 14 May 09, 09:19
Brigadier General
Scotland

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Survivor is pretty damn good. The main thing I don't like is the bland weapon selection. It gets repetitive seeing the same weapons over and over. It would have been nice if they put a different assault rifle in, they can give it the characteristics of the M16 but just swap the model.
Old 14 May 09, 22:50
General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon 

the_redstar_swl has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by -snafu- View Post
Survivor is pretty damn good. The main thing I don't like is the bland weapon selection. It gets repetitive seeing the same weapons over and over. It would have been nice if they put a different assault rifle in, they can give it the characteristics of the M16 but just swap the model.
While I don't know of any mods that change the weapon models (And I doubt they'd work online due to the stuff being different from serverside), There are a few reskins here.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skincats/3855

Old 14 May 09, 23:24
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
While I don't know of any mods that change the weapon models (And I doubt they'd work online due to the stuff being different from serverside), There are a few reskins here.

Ah, fun with Garry's mod!

Old 15 May 09, 08:03
Brigadier General
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
Great site, thanks.
Old 15 May 09, 22:54
Private
United_States

Marineboy9494 is on the path to success [1-99]
The weapons suck but the game is great all they need to do is have better weapons.
Old 20 May 09, 20:40
Recruit
Ireland

GreenFox is a balanced individual [0]
The weapons are great

they have to be well balanced in order to keep it fair for the people playing as infected
Old 21 May 09, 14:49
Staff Sergeant
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Lt-Bromhead is on the path to success [1-99] Lt-Bromhead is on the path to success [1-99]
I would love to try this game but I have a PS3, exclusive titles suck the proverbial balls!
Sponsored Links

Old 30 May 09, 02:13
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99]
At next week's E3, there is a rumor that Valve is expected to announce an expansion/DLC package that will add four new survivors that have to make their way across the same terrain. Also, there will be some new weapons.

Regarding the new character experience, nobody is really sure what that means at this point. Does it mean that the four new survivors will have to make their way say, to Mercy Hospital, but from a different direction (hence, same basic campaign, but new maps)? If so, I could live with that. However, if they are just adding four new characters with new weapons, but the map are the same...well, that would be lame. The L4D community knows just about every inch of those original maps at this point. If Valve doesn't add new maps soon, it is really going to hurt the longevity of this game.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!