StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Weapons of War

Notices and Announcements

Weapons of War The machinery of warfare. .

Old 07 Jan 09, 18:46
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Jacques Littlefield has died

This is truly a shock, as i was hoping to visit there next summer.
One has to wonder now if all his Tanks & vehical will be auctioned off,
including his recently rebuilt Panther??

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 07 Jan 09, 19:19
General of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Sad news indeed, a guy from his museum(I think) is a member here and helped post pictures and videos of the Littlefeild Panther tank.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 07 Jan 09, 19:42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300]
The world has lost it's greatest connoisseur of armored vehicles. This is truly a sad day indeed.

Rest in peace Jacques.
Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC
Old 07 Jan 09, 19:58
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99]
What happened?
Old 07 Jan 09, 21:10
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I hope his machines don't end up gathering dust in some Government museum... for tax purposes, of course...
Old 07 Jan 09, 21:20
Private
United_States

toadmanstanks is on the path to success [1-99]
My heartfelt condolences go out to his family.

Jacques Littlefield died from cancer. He'd been battling it on and off for several years. During the past year he looked and sounded real good. When I last saw him at the beginning of December '08 he seemed just fine. However, I receive a call this past Saturday to that things had gone South and that Jacques didn't have much longer.

I owe Jacques so much!! Without the way he allowed me to crawl all over his vehicles, I'd never have been able to do any of my photo stuff the way I do now! He always treated me and my 8 year old daughter very well. Always pleasant and oh so enthusiastic. He will be greatly missed by me and many others.

It is hoped that his Military Vehicle Technology Foundation will take care of his collection and continue the restoration and education work. As I hear more, I'll post updates on my website, here and other forums.

RIP Jacques and thank you for everything!!!

Last edited by toadmanstanks; 08 Jan 09 at 13:03..
Old 08 Jan 09, 12:32
Recruit
United_States

David Harrah is a balanced individual [0]
Jacques Littlefield Obituary

Jacques Mequet Littlefield, Tank Scholar and Collector

Jacques Mequet Littlefield, who assembled one of the largest private collections of military vehicles in the world and championed open space in the mid-Peninsula, has died in Portola Valley, California. He was 59 years old and had battled cancer for the past decade.

Jacques’ fascination with armored vehicles began in his childhood when he started building plastic models of tanks. While in college, he built his first scale model, radio-controlled tank. He acquired his first full-sized vehicle in 1975. In 1998 Jacques set up the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation to manage his collection of over one hundred fifty vehicles and restore new additions. The collection ranges from a World War II era U.S. Army M3A1 wheeled scout car, the first acquisition, to a Soviet-era mobile Scud Missile launcher, and includes such famous tanks as the U.S. Sherman and Patton class; U.K. Centurion, Conqueror and Chieftain; German WWII vehicles including a Panther; and Soviet-era Russian tanks. The complete inventory is available at www.milvehtechfound.com. Jacques was considered a scholar and expert on the history of armored warfare and the foundation helps serve the interests of authors, historians, educators, the defense industry, veterans groups, model makers and the entertainment industry. The collection is housed at Pony Tracks Ranch in the hills above Portola Valley, which the family acquired in the mid-1970s. Pony Tracks was the country estate of former San Francisco mayor and California governor James "Sunny Jim" Rolph, Jr. Over the years, Jacques restored many of the old buildings on the ranch, such as the stables, and acquired additional property helping to maintain open space in the hills above Portola Valley.

Jacques was the son of the late Edmund Wattis Littlefield and Jeannik Mequet Littlefield. He was born November 21, 1949 in San Francisco, California. His father was CEO of Utah International and served on many corporate boards during his career. He is survived by his mother, a strong supporter of the arts and a member of the Chairman’s Council of the San Francisco Opera; his brother, Edmund Littlefield, Jr.; and sister, Denise Littlefield Sobel.

Jacques also is survived by his wife, Sandy Montenegro Littlefield, and five children: David, Scott, Allison, Jacques Jr. and Jeannik, and one grandson, Kingsley.

Jacques grew up in Burlingame and attended Cate School in Carpinteria, California before studying at Stanford University where he received his Bachelor’s degree in 1971 and an MBA two years later. He worked for Hewlett Packard as a manufacturing engineer before focusing solely on building his museum and restoration facility.

Jacques served on the boards of the George S. Patton Museum in Fort Knox, Kentucky, the Cate School, the Coyote Point Museum for Environmental Education, the Hoover Institution, the California Academy of Sciences, and the Filoli Center. He was a member of the Bohemian Club and Captain of the Sempervirens camp.

A viewing will be held at Roller Hapgood & Tinney Funeral Directors, 980 Middlefield Rd in Palo Alto, on Saturday, January 10, 3:00 to 6:00, and a public memorial service for Jacques will be scheduled for the near future.

In lieu of flowers, the family suggests a contribution to one of the organizations Jacques supported: The Patton Museum, Cate School, the Coyote Point Museum for Environmental Education, the California Academy of Sciences, the Hoover Institution or the Filoli Center.
Old 08 Jan 09, 13:15
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I wish his family well, maybe one of his sons might pick up where he left off?
He sounds like he was a great guy, i only talked to him once and he was very friendly to me. RIP
Old 10 Jan 09, 20:21
Recruit
United_States

Mike Hennessy is a balanced individual [0]
Mike Hennessy's last interview with Jacques Littlefield on Car Guy Channel

I was very saddened to hear of Jacques's passing. It was a pleasure getting to know him over the last few months. Jacques was a gracious host who took the time to show us around and comment on the many, many tanks he had during the hours we spent filming with him. He had incredible knowledge about all things military; he was a very fascinating man to talk with and will certainly be very greatly missed by many. God bless him and his family and my sincere condolences go out to them.

My editor will be re-editing the Car Guy Channel show about Jacques Littlefield and be posting a shorter version on YouTube soon (carguychannel).

Mike Hennessy
Old 10 Jan 09, 21:45
Brigadier General
Switzerland
5 Year Service Ribbon 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
it seems like last month I was looking at those panther pics on his site. hang on, that was last month. truly a shame. RIP.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!