StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 27 Sep 17, 19:52
Private
United_States

LC34 is on the path to success [1-99]
Which boardgame to get to play with 10 year old son?

Hey guys looking for a good game to get my son involved in wargames. We have and I love Axis and Allies Europe, Axis and Allies Miniatures and the Star Wars miniatures but the only problem is we only have the starter packs and quite honestly they are spendy to buy more.

Looking for something we can collect. Like the axis and allied and star wars miniatures. Saw the review of Sergeants wargames and love the miniatures but holy cow spendy! Any recommendations? Go with Sergeants or stick with the miniatures we have or something new etc?
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 28 Sep 17, 00:56
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I still have my Risk game that I bought 50 years ago. I was playing with my oldest grandson until he realized I could whip the snot out of him every game. He hasn't played me since.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 29 Sep 17, 18:48
Private
United_States

LC34 is on the path to success [1-99]
I actually totally forgot about Risk! That is a great game but I think he would get into it more if it were more collectable too.

But now I defiantly have the itch to play Risk with him thank you!
Old 29 Sep 17, 23:29
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Chess is both deep and cheap.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 01 Oct 17, 03:14
General of the Forums
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
How about this - a mix between Chess, Stratego and a secret ingredient

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...atego-waterloo

Greets,
Stratego

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG
Old 05 Oct 17, 18:10
Private First Class
UK

Lemming is on the path to success [1-99]
If you're looking for something collectible but somewhat more reasonably priced, take a look at TANKS! from Gale Force Nine and Battlefront (the people behind Flames of War).

http://tanks.gf9games.com/

You will have to build the models, and paint them if you feel so inclined. The starter set is $25USD with three tanks. Expansions are $10USD and contain a single tank model and a bunch more cards, kind of like Star Wars: X-Wing but with WW2 tanks instead. Over time, the game scales up to around 3-6 tanks per side, depending on tank size/strength.

If you're feeling thrifty, note that the scale (1/100) is produced by many other (and cheaper) manufacturers, including the more recent expansions from Axis & Allies Miniatures, and that the TANKS! starter set includes cards for all of the tanks in the initial release. So you might find that you can use your existing collection to expand the game quite a bit already!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!