View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 11, 09:49
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
yes, as the other gentlemen have said, SA interests are mostly the concerns of instability in Africa, notably Southern Africa, which unfortunatly for them includes 'The White Man's Grave Yard.' Conventional threats are believed to exist in theory, such as a rogue nation appearing in the immediate region, which is why armour and mechanised units are kept for the defence of the country. As I say in my original post though, I agree with what you gentlemen have said and believe that it will be peace keeping, interventions and peace enforcement missions which will define their foreseeable deployments. The instability issue in neighbouring countries however really does put a strain on the SAPS which is why I believe they should re-establish the territorial commandos in some manner, for domestic assistance to the civil authority. Whilst in Britain or any other Western country I'd disprove of armed gendarmeries, 'Africa plays her own game' as Grand-dad used to say.

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules