View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 07, 09:41
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600]
Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600]
Today's event:

1779 - Patriots defeat Loyalists at Kettle Creek.

Today's book:

The Historical Atlas of the American Revolution by Ian Barnes

Book Review:

I have been looking for a book like this for some time and I was indeed pleased with much of what this one has to offer. However, as mentioned by several other reviewers, the text and the maps often don't seem to go together with the text often omitting information that is displayed on the maps. My biggest problem with the book stems from several glaring errors in the history being presented. For example, the Battle of Fort Necessity is presented in the section about King George's War instead of the French and Indian War where it should be. Also, several maps show errors in locating certain places and events, such as showing Forts Presque Isle and Le Boeuf on maps pertaining to a time period before they even existed. It may not be a big deal, but the little things they get wrong do tend to annoy at times. Otherwise it is indeed a very nicely illustrated book with informative and colorful maps to help visualize the many locations and events presented.

http://www.amazon.com/Historical-Atl...e=UTF8&s=books