View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:43
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
If I had the choice of puttees or any other footwear I think I'd plump for simple jackboots like these for maximum protection of the feet and lower leg against all kinds of weather -

see post 16.

However in 1914/15 German soldiers claimed the British army boot was superior to the Jackboot whilst the British claimed that the Jack boot was better. They stole them off each other (or at least off corpses and POWs). They were both right. The British Army Boot was superior for marching in dry weather whilst the Jack Boot was better for standing guard in a wet trench. Both were lethal on wet Flanders piave cobble stones.

Last edited by MarkV; 29 Sep 17 at 11:52..