View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 10, 01:28
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Wow it's here! Will deffinately give this a look when i get home tonight.
Good to see someone already making use of Celle, it's an impressive island.

I'm not a big fan of using HC but provided i don't have to continiously give orders it shouldn't be a hassle. I've played a few missions that require it and i seem to do alright, but seeing as you've not finished it yourself maybe i shouldn't expect to survive?

One question though..
Weren't we waiting for a VBS2 Lite mission? Or were you making one in each?

Unfortunately, yes...It was one of the first things i edited when i started playing, just couldn't put up with that crap.
"Enemy. Man. Far. Right."
"Move. 50 Metres. Left."

It gets even worse when you put them into stealth/danger mode because they feel it necessary to discuss everything multiple times.
"Go"
"Go"
"I'm covering"
"Go"
"Engaging"
"Go"....ugh
That's even when there is no enemy..Who are they engaging?!

Small price to pay for such a great game, but you really think they'd take a look at improving that after all this time and all the complaints.
Yeah...AI response/speech is such a menial thing if you look at it-all free to play FPS games, where the developers don't get as much money, have solid AI/player response.

From Combat Arms, "free to play" FPS:

[IGN]"Cover me!"
[Other player]"Roger that!"
[IGN]"****, I don't want to die!" <-----
[Other player]"COWARD!"

Anyways, I just recently got America's Army 3 off Steam this weekend-great game-graphics not as good, but hey, where would you rather the Army's money go? Towards better troops or spending thousands on good graphics on their own video game? Radio commands are perfect, not. ArmA. style.

--Hávamál