View Single Post
Old 11 May 12, 13:19
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200] B7B Southern is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1J1 View Post
You're right on it being legal Marshall, but the fear of it not being allowed to expand or to remain so is what drove secession and the war! Sadly Congress then didn't have the courage to solve the problem instead of doing compromise after compromise that only made the problem fester to the boiling point it became!

Regards,
Dennis
Where would it expand to? Kansas didn't have but 9 slaves in 1860 and it wasn't long till they were gone. Missouri didn't have very many. Past that what would slaves be doing past Texas?? There ain't no cotton beyond that.

I believe the reason The Confederacy wanted those lower states was to reach the Pacific for obvious reasons.

Marsh
Sponsored Links