View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 12, 04:33
General of the Forums
Wales
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBark View Post
I for one don't have any problem with what is written in the book if you remember a few things. First, what Eisenhower says in his letter to Gen. Whte, of the "human tendency to make startling statements in the hope that out of them will come a bit of publicity and self-notoriety. Second, that many G.I.'s complained because...G.I.'s complain. It is their right. Thirdly, that these statements are made with a large dose of fear, frustration and anger. These men don't want to be out there risking their lives over and over. I'm sure you could get similar replies from infantrymen who had far less protection and firepower. Fourth, if the section of questions posed to the TD battalion was any example of what everyone else answered the questions are leading. Fifth, give weight to the "official" comparisons of the M4A3E8 to the Panther.

Finally, remember that you've already admitted that the things the G.I.'s say you already knew.
And yet ONLY the M4 is massively singled out for critism by the vererans?

The other kit ie
The M2 50Cal.
The M3 Half-track.
The M1 Garand.
The M24 Chaffee.
The Thompson smg.
All wheeled vehicles.
Field rations in general.
Radios.
Signals equipment.
Sleeping bags.
M8 Armoured Car.
Clothing on the whole is better in quality and more comfortable.

are considered better than the German stuff. Doesn't sound like complaining to me. Sounds like they know what they are talking about.

I would believe their testimonies until you can prove why they were wrong.