View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 17, 18:09
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
The relations between the various tribes of the Americas and the various European powers varied over the years. To suggest the Tribes always faces oppression or were always the oppressors themselves would be untrue....if the Tribes always faced oppression from the various Europeans there would be no Tribes whatsoever left in the Americas. To often in these types of discussion either the various tribes or various European powers are painted with a broad brush. I will sit down and listen to what any European or Tribesman has to say, but I can not agree with those who blanket criticize all of the Tribes of the Americans or all European powers that came into contact with the various tribes of the Americas.

Here is the balanced scholarly approach to relations between the various European powers and various tribes of the Americas

Sometimes friendly, sometimes hostile, the Eastern tribes were no longer strangers to the Europeans.

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/outlines/h...-relations.php
I agree that's the best post I've seen from you