View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 12, 04:24
General of the Forums - Departed Hero & Friend
United_States
ACG Order of Valiant Honor Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700]
KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700] KEN JENSEN is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Saigon View Post
A few things Ken. Dog is more of a Northern Vietnamese thing, rather than central or southern. Along with all of those coagulated blood dishes they eat, including that of dog. Now, desperate people in war time will eat almost anything as attested to by many Europeans during WWII. So during the Vietnam war you might have found people anywhere in the country eating all sorts of things if they were poor and desperate. But as a normal cultural thing, the dog stuff is of the North.

You, my friend, were in South Vietnam lest you forget. And most of those who fled to the US and then opened restaurants were also from South Vietnam. The likelihood of you ever being served dog by a Vietnamese, surreptitiously or otherwise, is very very slim.
Well the "dog" thingie was a joke; and mainly a "rumor" that ran rapid among the troops

The only thing I seen S. Vietnamese folks eat was rice, peanuts, and it seemed most the adults chewed Betel Nuts. Oh yeah, and watermelon. Of course I did run across a lot of "traps" set to catch creatures that ran around in the jungle. Most villages also had pigs and chickens; so they more than likely ate those also.

The folks would also eat almost any food we gave them.

What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.
Sponsored Links