View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 12, 00:28
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I didn't eat a bite of Vietnamese food in Vietnam. I was never close to any developed population centers with restaurants, etc. In the field it was C-Rats and LRRP rations (freeze-dried) The often sent out hot chow with our resupply. Seemed to be a lot of roast beef, which G.I's, in their irreverent tradition, called "water buffalo."

I did develop a taste for Vietnamese recipes. I have a couple of recipe books. I liked the stuffed squid I made. We have two Vietnamese Restaurants in Missoula (Montana). They both feature several varieties of pho as their main offering.
No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends John 15:13