View Single Post
Old 01 Feb 13, 15:31
Brigadier General
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200]
We need a concerted effort on multiple fronts to make Argentina our bitch and bleed them dry in the process imho, Kirchner is doing pretty well on the bleeding em dry front without our help.

I think bilatteral trade is something in the region of 120 million in the Argies favour, perhaps put as much of that in Chile and Brazils direction as much as poss, as a start.

Brazil and Chile do not give a rats hind quarters as to who owns the Falklands, just in their national interests to cosy to the neighbours as opposed to the far off.

We accepted an offer of talks, only thing we asked for was to allow the leader of the Falkland Islands to join in, now they refuse to talk.

The Islanders for years were working hard to build dialogue to achieve mutual rewards from fishing, oil and tourism, the Argies up and left the debate like a flicked switch.

There is a lot at stake here, they claim not only the Falklands but Georgia and the South Sandwich islands and our Antartic territory.
I have no doubt that if they had the weapons that they would take them, at the moment they are a laugh a minute, but who knows in 20 or 30 years time, the time to thump em to the ground is now, kill thier ambitions.

Our so called NATO allies are fence sitting or in some cases refering to the islands as Malvinas, only Canada has had the goodness to stand by our rights on these issues.

For my money, until the US elects a president that will back our rights and the rights of the islanders in words (and thats all I ask is words), or at the very least just say Falklands and shut the hell up on it, NATO and a multitude of other things we get taken for granted for can take a frigging hike.
Perhaps we should do our military shopping with who backs our territorial rights the best in mind.