View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 12, 17:37
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
8.0 update released, physics unleashed

Well I spent a day with the 8.0 WoT yesterday. The new release is good for the game IMO. I like the new rendering engine, everything is much brighter than in previous incarnations. The revamped maps have been done well. there are new combat types on maps that didn't have them before (like assault on westfield) and then of course there's the new physics...

This has made my day ( and not Dirty Harry style either) I'm talking laugh riot for the first five battles and then a couple of hours testing what could and could not be accomplished using them. Westfield yesterday was a gongshow every time I was in it; mostly from people trying and failing to jump the bridge, and therefore plummeting to their fiery deaths below(I admit to being the first guy to try it on the map the first time I got there, but I left it alone after that)

Yes you can 'go where you want to go' within reason, you can ram and push other tanks, even crush them into non-destructable buildings if you're big enough compared to your opponent. You can climb over the ridge and slide down the other side, (or fall down it depending or slope or complete absence thereof) Small fast tanks like the T-50 and the T50-2 will notice a tendency to drift when cornering at high speed, fun and dangerous depending upon what your trying to avoid. You can even leap your tank onto other tanks if you time it right.

So I've found no unhappiness with this update so far. Indeed I am thoroughly enjoying the new feel of the game...

How about you folks? have you experienced 8.0 yet? do you like it or not? and why?
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95