View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 15, 17:18
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
TAG
I already mentioned the CA in Johnston and other ships returning to PH and how easily they're sunk piecemal by a large fleet inlducing dozens of subs and hundreds of planes.
You haven't even listed what ships are going to Hawaii, what forces you are landing or anything else I've asked about more than once. You have ignored all requests for details. You ignored the response I made on where US ships are in near Hawaiian waters.
You did change your tune to 2 carriers, versus three, after I pointed out Saratoga is at San Diego.
You haven't responded to requests for a timetable like when the battleships are supposed to bombard Oahu.

This makes at least 3 times, probably more, I have asked these questions and you have responded with nothing but vague drivel about how the Japanese win. I ask again, provide specifics, or shut up!

Quote:
I already mentioned that OTL the Japanese blew up the torpedo depot in the PI in the first days and the subs only survived and operated thanks to the many bases in the DEI and Australia, which continued to be supplied and which are not supplied in this scenario when B. Borneo, Palawan, Mindoro, New Caledonia & PM fall in Dic.
More "The Japanese win" drivel without a scintilla of factual evidence.

Quote:
How the hell does the US continue to equip the Filipinos, when even US troops are not receiving anything at all in Luzon? Perhaps Nautilus and Narwhal smuggle millions of tons underwater.
Because most of the equipment for the first 5 divisions is already in the Philippines. It hasn't been issued simply because the units are still being formed when the original attack occurred.

That's where things were at with most Philippine Army units. The troops were under instruction, and there was a continuing draft to induct more men for training as room would allow.

Quote:
Yamato is using PH for training and practice target, it is not fighting anything, as the ships are sunk. The PH attack involved many firsts, it involves the first use of a newly commissioned BB.
When you actually know something about working up a new ship in commission or one that just came out of a major overhaul, come back and talk. Until then, you are just making yourself look foolish.

I have been there done that more than once. My first time was on the USS Enterprise CVN 65 after the 1979 to 81 major yard overhaul at Bremerton WA. I also had to do the Ship's Superintendent role at San Diego working in Shop 10A. My last yard work up after refit was the frigate George Philip right after 9/11.