View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 17, 15:42
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Keep the barrel up to reduce sand intrusion there. Wrap the bag around the working end and lose it quicker.

I would think that taking the rifle out of the plastic covers while still in the landing craft defeats their whole purpose.
I wonder if the landing excercises at Slapton Sands were carried out with these covers and if so when they were ordered to be removed.

IIRC it was in Samuel Fuller's 'The Big Red One' that I heard first of troops putting condoms over the barrel of their rifles to keep sand and salt spray out.
I don't know what was done to protect the working end.

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.