View Single Post
Old 05 Feb 14, 08:20
Lieutenant General
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400] semperpietas has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
I'm intrigued, why were they called the "Knickerbackers" ?

Also a bump more or less - this doesn't look like a question the ACG would leave unanswered
Apparently, the Regiment was called Knickerbocker's Regiment, after its commanding officer, Lt. Col. William Knickerbocker.

http://books.google.com/books?id=kmo...bocker&f=false

http://hamilton.nygenweb.net/militar...aimsHamil.html

I didn't have a lot of luck searching for 45th New York Militia on the internet, as apparently the 45th New York Volunteers of the Civil War seems to dominate more search results. I didn't have any luck finding it mentioned in any of the orders of battles for engagements that I know the New York Militia fought in.

To the OP, you might have better luck asking a New York State archives for more information.

Pyrrhus Travels West:
Hanno the Infamous, General of Carthage, Rb Mhnt of Sicily

Last edited by semperpietas; 05 Feb 14 at 09:21..