View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 09, 05:36
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryan View Post
Excellent choice! Eckert is one of my favorite historical authors that writes about that time period. "Wilderness Empire" is another of his excellent works about the French and Indian War. If you get a chance, read "The Frontiersman", the story of the life and times of Simon Kenton. For my money, Kenton was a far greater patriot and frontiersman than Daniel Boone.
With Kenton that is one of the great injustice of American History. Just about everybody knows of Boone and Crockett but only those of us that take a real interest in the period know about Kenton.

That Dark and Bloody River I found especialy interesting as a lot of it deals with the settlement of my home town. In one passage he speaks of Indians crossing the river over the island I grew up on and moving down what later became the street I lived on.

JohnS

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'