View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 09, 19:28
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
That Dark and Bloody River

Allan W. Eckert.

Settling of the Ohio River Vally and Ohio.

ISBN0-553-09448-3

He has a couple others from the same period but if your into the period this just might be one of the best. He is 6 time Pulitzer Winner so he is no strat up.

Best Bob B

JohnS
John, I've read two of his books and always wondered whether or not he writes historical fiction or history. His books, that I've read, are so dense with facts that if it's fiction it's darn close to being history. Wilderness Empire is the one I remember the most and I read that over 20 years ago. I do need to find some more of his books and read them.

PS-I've got a laptop now so no more long silences from me.

I found this link to Eckert's books. The man has been prolific!
http://www.dropbears.com/b/broughsbo...n_w_eckert.htm

Last edited by R. Evans; 14 Jan 09 at 19:30..