View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 16, 14:27
General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
The Scots that settled in Ulster claimed to be Scots, sometimes Ulster Scots. My family has a lot of branches that came from Ulster. The problem with claiming to be Irish is most people assumed you were also Catholic. That could be a big problem where saloons did not allow Dogs or Irish inside...

The Scots Irish tag an easy way to say Irish Protestant.

Pruitt
All I care about is that Jackson has Irish heritage...so Jackson is an Irishmen and this reinforces the fact that Irish folks have helped to build America. And I know there are Irish Protestants, I'm sure those Irish Protestants are very friendly folk. I also do not buy the view that Irish folks were treated like dirt in the USA. It cant be the case ..it was blacks that suffered in the USA not "the Irish". I know that many Irish folks served on the Union side during the US civil war, JFK was a Mick. The list goes on and on, many of the Great Americans have either a Scottish or Irish background. I'm Scottish, Irish, and Italian.
-Napoleon Bonaparte