General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82redleg View Post
I read the article- and proved that it over-simplified reality
You haven't "proved" anything except that you are trolling.

Quote:
What? Decisionmaking is decisionmaking, and the OODA loop theory works well in an individual but falls apart at large organizations with staffs and bureaucracies.
Again, you are showing you lack of knowledge on the subject. OODA loop doesn't only apply to an individual. It applies to any two-sided conflict; individual or large military formations.

Quote:
9th Marines inactivated in 1994. And added the three battalions of the 9th Marines (with the regimental headquarters) from 2007-2014, so a few years ago there would have been 27 battalions in 8 regiments- again violating your supposed rule.
I was in V1/9 (The Walking Dead) when it was inactivated, we became V2/1...same base.....same barracks.....same Marines....only difference was that we could no longer wear the black PT shorts for unit PT.

Again, it isn't my "supposed rule" it is USMC doctrine.

You need to learn what 'task organized' means. Then try to not show your ignorance on this subject.

Quote:
We're clearly talking about active duty and not USMCR, since you listed 24 battalions and 8 regiments, which is why I noted the disparity between 8 regiments and 3 divisions. If you'd been including the USMCR, then the numbers would be 33 (24 active and 9 reserve), 11 (8 active and 3 reserve), and 4 (3 active and 1 reserve).
Read and learn for once:

http://www.marines.mil/News/Messages...mplementation/

Quote:
Except when it doesn't, as I showed in both normal peacetime organizations and during employment in conflict. Like I said, a cute little memory aid from the perspective of the squad level- meaningless at larger organizations.
You have shown absolutely nothing concerning the subject of this thread. The only thing that you have shown is a complete lack of basic comprehension of what the Marine doctrine is and how Marines operate.

Quote:
That your "rule" is not really a "rule".
Again, no matter how many times you type that crap in this thread, it still isn't my rule, it's doctrine.

I answered the OPs question, you have decided to come on the thread and troll on a subject that you have no idea about. Go find some more internet links, but if you really want to understand the Corps, enlist, pick up a rifle and follow your Fireteam Leader.

Last edited by Nichols; 25 Jun 17 at 02:56..