View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 12, 02:52
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce View Post
I have thought about trying to pick that series up but I already have Air Force/Dauntless. Are you familiar with those? If so how much more complicated or easier is it?
I'm not familiar with Air Force/Dauntless. When someone suggested playing Fighting Wings he said, "It's like ASL with airplanes." It is very complex and long to play. If you don't like numerous charts and sheets of statistics, or lots of writing and calculating - it isn't for you. I played about three hours, never fired a shot, and it represented about 12 seconds of time. I'm told it goes a lot quicker if everyone knows the rules. Two people from a side can process their turns at the same time - saving huge time. The first few turns were me saying what I wanted to do and Rick hanging over my shoulder explaining how it would work in the rules. I think it would help if you were an actual air force combat pilot. Did I mention it's complex? I think it's an excellent game but it isn't one you can pick up and play.

Here's a data sheet for a zero. There are also many charts you have to reference to fly and shoot.