View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 16, 14:34
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
That was one smart Redneck.
Or just an innocent man caught up in events. He's not from New York, so we can't be sure he is guilty of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
My point was, how many local law enforcement agencies were infiltrated by active Klansmen, and how often did officers so tainted . . . . impose Klan doctrine upon their hapless black charges?
Klan doctrine was based on secrecy and invisibility, so the second part would be effectively zero.

As to the first part, I would say not all that much. The Klan didn't need to infiltrate. As you or someone noted, if a black wrapped in chains surfaced in the river, cause of death would simply be 'stole too much chain to swim with'. I would expect the Klan would be much more interested in positions of justice of the peace and local magistrates. You don't need the police if you have a member who can rule a death a non-homicide.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.