View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 12, 05:03
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljadw View Post
This is a good joke .
You did meet some one who claimed to be a veteran(if he was one,what were the chances he ever saw an enemy) and said they were the best army in the world :do you expected him saying an other thing,as :we were an average army ?
And,about Hitler being a Looney Tune :that's the old 1945 excuse :if we lost,it is because of Hitler .
What is this 'claiming' to be a veteran? Most veterans I have ever met do not have to 'claim' (the mere word casts a shadow of doubt) and no one who is not a veteran themselves has any right to cast that shadow for most men that have seen Active service also have proof such as campaign medals etc: and it is the active service that makes a veteran whatever his job may have been active service makes him a veteran. In some jobs in a battalion such as clerical or even cooking the person may only see the enemy as POWs but that does not make him unable to form an opinion as to the quality of an Army. The same as many people on this forum form an opinion even if that opinion is only formed from the pages of a book. I hasten to say that I am NOT insinuating that you are one of those 'experts' I have no idea what your background is in these matters, that is your business unless you wish to do otherwise,I am merely making a point. Cheers, lcm1

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"